THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    HELP - Speer 6.5mm bullets - 87 gr. hollowpoints ?

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

HELP - Speer 6.5mm bullets - 87 gr. hollowpoints ?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of todbartell
posted
I was given two boxes of old Speer 87 gr. 6.5mm hollowpoint bullets.

Anybody got any info on how these shot, what the Ballistic Co-Efficient is, and when they quit making them?

THX

TB

Posts: 857 | Location: BC, Canada | Registered: 03 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Here is a link to others

www.steyrscout.org/264bc.htm

I looked in Speer 4,6,8 and 11 and only found a 87 spitzer.

I would use the data for the 85 gr Sierra or the calculator

http://www.uslink.net/~tom1/calcbc/calcbc.htm#calculator

Posts: 5543 | Registered: 09 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of todbartell
posted Hide Post

Posts: 857 | Location: BC, Canada | Registered: 03 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I bought 10 dusty boxes of them a couple years ago for $3.00 a box, they had sat in a gunshop for who knows how long. I shoot them in my 260 rem imp at about 3450 fps. They shoot very well and blow any small critters to little pieces!

Posts: 941 | Location: VT | Registered: 17 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
TSJ, got any loads to share on your .260AI? Mine is about done & I hope to be up & shooting the end of the month.

Posts: 7752 | Location: kalif.,usa | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Todd,

Those bullets suck. Send me an email and I will send you my mailing address. I will get rid of them for you so they won't polute the barrel of your rifle.

I won't even " enjoy" shooting them as I get rid of them for you.

Cheers and Good shooting
seafire

Posts: 2889 | Location: Southern OREGON | Registered: 27 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
fredj338
send me an e-mail, I'll give you a list of my favorite load. Really though, it's a very forgiveing cartridge, any of the medium slow burning powders give you much the same vel.

Posts: 941 | Location: VT | Registered: 17 May 2001Reply With Quote