New
Find
Notify
Tools

Redding Comp seater runout?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have a RCBS Rockchucker supreme press and my runout on my 7mag is very good between .0005-002" I use lee collet necksizer and a Redding comp seater with nosler brass and 160grs accubonds. So now my problem, I also have the exact same setup for my 280AI using the same dies and brass, and the bullets are 140 accubonds, so why do I get runout of 0035"-009" out of my setup for the 280 AI? I have tried using an O-ring under the seater and it got a little better around 003" to 005" but that is not what I like. I am also waiting for my gunsmith to ream my Forster comp seater with the reamer used for my chamber and then I can compare if it gets better. But aside from that why is the 7mag get much less runout than my 280AI?
Thanks
Elmer

One of Us
Picture of woods
posted Hide Post
Have you checked for do-nuts? My 280AI develops them.

Chinese Proverb: When someone shares something of value with you and you benefit from it, you have a moral obligation to share it with others.

Posts: 2750 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: 17 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by woods:
Have you checked for do-nuts? My 280AI develops them.
Nope have not but I will after I get to the range this week.
Thanks
Elmer

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Have you check the run out of FL sized rounds?

Posts: 13978 | Location: http://www.tarawaontheweb.org/tarawa2.jpg | Registered: 03 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SR4759:
Have you check the run out of FL sized rounds?
Have not FL sized any rounds yet asthis will be only the 2nd firing of the brass this week, but I will try some to see if it helps.
Thanks
Elmer