New
Find
Notify
Tools

Good Price for RCBS Big Max Press?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
What is a good price for an RCBS Big Max Press?
A friend of mine wants one now that he saw mine,
but I got my press from another friend who passed away and I don't know what price I should look for... Somewhere around $350-475 is my guess?

reloader-1

[ 01-16-2003, 11:00: Message edited by: reloader-1 ]

Posts: 270 | Location: Central Pa | Registered: 03 December 2002Reply With Quote
<reload>
posted
The retail at $563.95, Try E-bay!

one of us
posted Hide Post
My friend bought a Big Max press from a Pawn Shop in NY for $530 3 days ago. I found a cheaper press in excellent condition with all accessories on eBay for $465. Here is the link: RCBS Big Max Auction It ends in a week, if anybody is interested. I would buy it myself, but I already have 3 presses including a Big Max! [Wink]

reloader-1

Posts: 270 | Location: Central Pa | Registered: 03 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by reloader-1:
My friend bought a Big Max press from a Pawn Shop in NY for $530 3 days ago. I found a cheaper press in excellent condition with all accessories on eBay for $465. Here is the link: RCBS Big Max Auction It ends in a week, if anybody is interested. I would buy it myself, but I already have 3 presses including a Big Max! [Wink]

reloader-1

You have PM

Posts: 938 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 23 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
John,
I sent you a PM...

reloader-1

posted Hide Post
That is WAY overpriced for a Big Max Press.
I have seen six BM presses sell on eBay, average
price being around $180-300 with one press, basically brand new in box with every original item and documentation, selling for $330... This seller is asking about $130 more than market price! I am willing to bet that NOBODY will bid on that press....

chrony

Posts: 2 | Location: USA | Registered: 19 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well, like I said, I got mine from a friend who passed away, and I love my press! I only wish I had a couple more... [Wink] I made a mistake: My friend bought a rifle (Remington, I think.) and the owner of the store threw in the press for $140, price coming to $530 after all items were purchased. Let's see if this press sells, and if it dosn't, well, now we know how much the A4 ISN'T worth! [Big Grin]

reloader-1

[ 01-19-2003, 08:34: Message edited by: reloader-1 ]

one of us
posted Hide Post
I ordered one straight from RCBS about a year ago for around $225. Might want to go to the source and cut out all the middle men. The more people involved, the higher the price.

Mac

Posts: 1638 | Location: Colorado by birth, Navy by choice | Registered: 04 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I thought RCBS discontinued it? [Confused] In their catalog, they make no mention of the fact that they still RCBS Big Max Presses...

reloader-1

one of us
posted Hide Post
I must have gotten lucky. Went to a gun show at the Cow Palace and found a RCBS A5 turrent press with dies & powder measure for $90.00. Paint is in almost new shape. Was asked by several people if it was for sale. Thing weighs probally 35-40#s.

Posts: 59 | Location: Soledad, CA USA | Registered: 17 January 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I said it this press wouldn't get any bids, and it won't! Fair price for this press would be somewhere in the $200-250 dollar range. They will probably relist it cheaper...

Posts: 2 | Location: USA | Registered: 19 January 2003Reply With Quote