New
Find
Notify
Tools

RCBS Dies
 Login/Join

Picture of marquezlc
posted
I was wondering if it is possible to use RCBS dies in Lee presses and was wondering which other brands are interchangeable with Lee presses

Posts: 50 | Location: Northern NM | Registered: 29 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBabcock
posted Hide Post
I have Lee's Cast Iron press, and use RCBS dies, and the Lee factory crimp die. Dies with the same size threads will work just fine.

One of Us
Picture of vapodog
posted Hide Post
As far as I know absolutely all dies have 7/8"-14 threads and all presses accept 7/8-14 dies.......except for the .50BMG dies...

Posts: 28849 | Location: western Nebraska | Registered: 27 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yah, they will fit just fine. I use mostly RCBS dies and often use them with a Lee nutcracker style hand press to seat bullets when I am experimenting with loads at the range. This is particularly true when working up loads to find how far I can push it. I could load a bunch from med to over max and test shoot them, but i don't like pulling bullets on the leftovers. Also, I stop at the FIRST sign of exessive presure. Usually severly flattened primers.
Bullet seating seems to work fine in this press (No--tool). The loads don't seem to suffer at all in accuracy.