Notify
Tools

Re: Poor Customer Service from IMR/Hodgdon
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of RSY
posted
Jules:

It's not that Hodgdon independently develops loads with the powders from those companies. Each one of the powder companies being dicussed publishes data periodically in a "brochure" format. As a nice-to-have service, Hodgdon simply included those companies' data in the Hodgdon manual.

Actually, now that Hodgdon has gone to an annual manual in "magazine" format, I believe this practice has been discontinued.

RSY

Posts: 785 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 01 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I think it's great to be able to compare loads from different powders in the same book. I just wish they had the bullet that is being used.

Posts: 1902 | Location: Va. Beach,Va. | Registered: 10 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Exactly RSY. If they did list that powder for that cartridge in the broshure, I suppose they could have stated that AA has given us this data and this is what they say, but that is the only comment that they could give you (Eterry) without the possibility of getting into legal trouble. Tell you the truth though, if it were me discussing this with you over the phone, I would have told you that we (Hodgdon's) does not have any information on that powder, that powder can change over time, but that hodgdon can give you the data for H4831/IMR4831 but hodgdon takes absolutely no responsibility for you corresponding your AA powder to 4831. Oh, and have you looked at reloading manuals and compared loads using IMR 4831 to those using H4831? DIFFERENT!! IMR has a different burning rate and requires a different amount of powder than H4831, often as much as several grains. I think it was an absolutely rediculous idea of AA to state your powder was comparable to the 2 for legal reasons. Hmm, could there be a reason companies don't do that (as far as I know) anymore?

Posts: 395 | Location: Tremonton, UT | Registered: 20 April 2004Reply With Quote