Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lapua brass
 Login/Join

posted
Is Lapua brass that much thicker than stardard American made brass?

one of us
posted Hide Post
no its not, but its just so much better than anything else out there
Daniel

Posts: 1480 | Location: AUSTRALIA | Registered: 07 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They are annealed in a special way which makes them IDEAL for reloading several times before needing to be re annealed .

I also like RWS which seems to work nearly as well least wise in my cases .

Lapua ,RWS ,Remington , Federal are my 1 St.too last choices . I don't know about hornady or nosler cases as I've never used them . Many years ago I used Norma as well as Winchester however they are now history in my book .

Shoot Straight Know Your Target . ... salute

Posts: 1738 | Location: Southern Calif. | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The internal capacity of Lapua brass is much more consistent than other brands. Is it that buch better? Shot it for years but I have bought my last batch. It ain't that good.

Free men should not be subjected to permits, paperwork and taxation in order to carry any firearm. NRA Benefactor

Posts: 1652 | Location: Deer Park, Texas | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have gone through a lot of brass over the years.

For .223, .308, 300 Win Mag and 338 Lapua Mag target ammunition I only use Lapua, price be damned.

The new Hornady brass is straight enough for hunting ammo.

I use Norma for the low pressure, large capacity "safari" type ammunition (.416 Rigby, 404 Jeffrey, etc.).

I use Weatherby brass "in the box of twenty" for my weatherby loads. The Norma 300 Weatherby brass is good also.

I use RWS for any high pressure metric European cartridges that I load, again, "in the box of twenty."

30378 - You'll be back. Lapua is boringly good, and that ain't bad Wink.

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Faina
posted Hide Post
For my personal experience I can say you that Lapua made the best Match-grade brass. If you're looking to reload for target shooting use Lapua. If you need to reload for hunting use Remington that's much ceaper.

Faina

I prefer to die standing that to live in knee

Posts: 181 | Location: Italy ... in the mountains | Registered: 03 November 2007Reply With Quote