New
Find
Notify
Tools

Big News from Berger Bullets
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
When I returned to Berger in 2004, I was able to spend more time communicating directly with shooters through emails, phone calls and these forums. I believe strongly that it is from these interactions that we gain a better understanding of what rifle shooters need to be successful. I also understand that there are many shooters who need technical assistance.

Thanks to your support, Berger has been blessed with significant growth. Lately, the challenges that go along with growth while staying focused on quality have pulled me away from the phone, emails and forums. For some time, I have been working on resolving this shortcoming. Our announcement today is the final piece in our solution to this challenge.

It is with great pleasure that I announce the addition of Kevin Thomas to the Berger Bullets team as our E-Technical Consultant. Kevin spent the last 15 years as Sierra’s Chief Ballistician. Prior to becoming Sierra's Chief Ballistician, Kevin spent 6 years moving from Sierra's production floor to their ballistics lab. Kevin will use his extensive shooting knowledge to help folks get the most out of their rifle shooting experience.

Kevin’s addition to Berger puts into place the final piece of our customer service solution. Below is a list of Berger Bullets’ resources that shooters can go to get the answers they need.

Technical Support by Phone – 714-447-5458
Berger has partnered with Sinclair International to provide extensive phone coverage by active and knowledgeable shooters. Led by Bill Gravatt, Sinclair is a highly-respected and legitimate source for technical assistance (among other things).

Loading Data and Technical Assistance from Walt Berger – bergerltd@aol.com
Founder and member of the Benchrest Hall of Fame, Walt Berger’s extensive shooting experience is a tremendous resource for those who need help. Over the last several years, Walt has been working on our loading manual. This work has generated loading data specific to Berger Bullets in most popular cartridges.

Loading Data and Technical Assistance from Kevin Thomas – kevin.thomas@bergerbullets.com (email is not active yet)
Kevin spent two decades shooting in Sierra’s test facility every day and working with major ammo producers on several projects. Additionally, he is an experienced, active and successful competitive target shooter. He will soon be available for those who need shooting related assistance.

External Ballistic Assistance from Bryan Litz – bryan.litz@bergerbullets.com
Bryan’s reputation as a top external ballistics mind is well known. Equally recognized is his success as a competitive target shooter. Bryan is available for those who need to address advanced external ballistics concerns.

Both Kevin Thomas and Bryan Litz will actively engage the forums as we strongly believe that forums are a valuable resource for all shooters (us included).

All of the people listed above are active rifle shooters and are committed to your success. These folks can provide an even greater level of shooting-related technical assistance than I. For this reason, you will see less of me as I focus my attention on the production floor (which is my strength). I will not be disconnected or unavailable, but I will rely heavily on this “dream team” of technical experts to provide you with the information you need to get back to the range or into the field.

Regards,
Eric

If you want to strengthen your shooting skills go to the range.
If you want to strengthen the shooting sports take a non-shooter with you.

Posts: 32 | Location: Fullerton, CA | Registered: 06 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Eric for the direct support. Berger continues to give back and work with shooters in so many ways. We truly appreciate your interaction with our shooting disciplines.

Free men should not be subjected to permits, paperwork and taxation in order to carry any firearm. NRA Benefactor

Posts: 1652 | Location: Deer Park, Texas | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Does E-technical mean lead free bullets?

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12695 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sounds good! I'd like to add that I have benefited from advice from Walt when trying out new loads for the .223 rem, 6WSSM, and 6BR rem. Two of the best groups I have shot ever were direct results of his advice and Berger bullets in the cartridge. Anything that make the expertise at Berger more available HAS to be a good thing.

If the enemy is in range, so are you. - Infantry manual

Posts: 494 | Location: The drizzle capitol of the USA | Registered: 11 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
E-Technical means that he will communicate through emails and forums. We are testing the a new non-lead material next week.

Regards,
Eric

Posts: 32 | Location: Fullerton, CA | Registered: 06 December 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey Eric, This could be full of beans, but I seem to remember an article that Kevin Thomas wrote about Bullet Design for maybe Handloader many years ago. If it was not Kevin Thomas, then I sure wish someone would say who it was.

It was about people wanting a single Bullet Design to do EVERYTHING. From fragile to solid, super accurate at miles and at low cost, or at least that is the way I remember it. Perhaps that is skewed due to the amount of time that has passed since I read it.

Anyway...., if that is the same guy, give him my thanks for a great, humerous read. And tell him to begin posting here if he has a bit of time. We can always use that level of "humor" and knowledge.

Good Hunting and clean 1-shot Kills.

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am pleased to announce that Kevin's email has been activated. He is ready for your questions at kevin.thomas@bergerbullets.com.

Hot Core,

I don't know for sure if that article was written by this Kevin Thomas but given his knowledge level and the fact that he has authored several articles over the years it is likely. Send him an email and ask. I am sure he'll remember if it was him.

Regards,
Eric

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Eric. thumb Probably better for me to call him, which I'll do.

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Kevin Thomas, Ha! Good story on him and the relocation when Sierra moved from CA to MO. His daughter came home about the third day from school and got her mom to take her shopping for new school clothes. She came to the table the next morning wearing bib overalls! He about died!
He will make a marvelous addition to your staff there. Good hire!

Rich
Buff Killer

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote