New
Find
Notify
Tools

help with redding dies
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
been loading the berger VLD in 308 and 30-06 and hate the way the seaters mark the bullets so got a redding #09180 VLD seater and of course its 1/2x 20 threads and of course all my dies are 7/8 x14 so it won't fit. and going crazy finding a floating type seater die that i can stuff this thing into. any help appreciated. thanks

Posts: 1546 | Location: south of austin texas | Registered: 25 November 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The 09180 micrometer screws into the die body, not the press.

Posts: 276 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: 16 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
yea i said that all wrong. thats what happens when you spend hours in the hot sun mowing then cool off with a few modelas. it won't screw into any of my die bodies, too small diameter.

Posts: 1546 | Location: south of austin texas | Registered: 25 November 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Your die bodies are Redding, aren't they ?

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
yes they are. redding competition. and yes, the Replacement Bullet Seating Micrometer # 09180 VLD is still. not being funny just wanted to get it right this time. been a long day. the old seating plug is a lot bigger diameter wise male to female threads, female being the die body.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Call Redding.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
just called. turns out that the replacement bullet seating stem will only fit standard dies, not redding competition dies. he gave me replacement stem part #s for the stems i have in my competition dies.