THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    Loaded 500 6.5 grendel yesterday-1st time reloader

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Loaded 500 6.5 grendel yesterday-1st time reloader
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
My cousin and I did, anyway! He has reloaded for 15 years, mostly milsurp, so his expertise and use of his Dillion 550B made this effortless. Did up some Sierra Match Kings and some hollow points. Since I got the bullets and cases included with the used Grendel Lother match 19.5 inch upper that I bought, our only costs were powder and primers. About 10 cents a round or less. Beats the Wolf 50 cents a round, and should be more accurate! Looks like this one afternoon saved $200 in ammo costs. Wait until we get cranking on the 50 Beowulf! Should be about $1 or more saved per round.

Loaded 230 rounds of 223. That took awhile, as there was military brass mixed in, so we had to deal with about 25% crimped primers. Broke 4 deprimer pins. Next time will just reload the 223 brass that we fire, that we know is non crimped primers, and this will go much faster.

Posts: 498 | Location: Seacoast NH | Registered: 01 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good for you !. If removing Mil crimped primers is on the menu next time try sorting all those a few hours prior to needing them .
Soak them in lacquer thinner for a little while , remove allow to dry , then lube and deprime and deal with the crimp . Remember to reduce loads in Military cases as they are internally smaller than commercial cases ( Less volume heavier brass ).

So tell me how do you like the 6.5 Grendel ?.

I've got K's of laupa 762.X39 Boxer primed rounds which when I'm finished firing them I intend on using for that 6.5 Grendel I'll be getting .

Shoot Straight Know Your Target . ... salute

Posts: 1738 | Location: Southern Calif. | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dr K,
Thanks for the note, and the suggestions on the military primer removal.
The 6.5 is great, but Wednesday is the day I will getting out to the 300 yard range. with the Burris Signature 8 by 32 scope and the Grendel 6.5 for sighting in. Wish it were 500 yards, especially with that scope! Will keep you posted.

Posts: 498 | Location: Seacoast NH | Registered: 01 October 2007Reply With Quote