THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Page 1 2 

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What's the best Reloading press ?????????
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of El Deguello
posted Hide Post
quote:
Picture below is of a 3" spotter which was placed in my first bullet hole @ 600 yards, prone postion (no artificial support), using a pre-64 mod. 70, 30-06 with iron sights. There are 14 holes in the spotter, measuring 2.61" for 15 consecutive shots. The ammo was loaded on a Dillon 450 and the charges were thrown, not weighed. Find the sweet spot & it is not necessary to weigh each charge.

Now that's impressive!!

"Bitte, trinks du nicht das Wasser. Dahin haben die Kuhen gesheissen."

Posts: 4386 | Location: New Woodstock, Madison County, Central NY | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Lee Press at Midwayusa

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
After using RCBS presses since childhood, I have found that my new Lee Classic is a better press. Larger opening, Larger ram, adjustable handle, and the best feature of all is the spent primer collection tube. No more primers on the floor for my toddler to "play" with........

Posts: 54 | Location: Burns, Oregon | Registered: 09 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Fish, a buddy HAD a rockchucker, he came over after a discussion about the relative ease of sizing I was claiming. His .280 rem 700 shells, my RCBS dies,(his were too), in my co-ax. He was amazed at how easily it FL sized his cases. Then I let him size some of my .280's in the co-ax, effort was about the same. He had a new co-ax within a month! Since then he says, ALL his sizing requires less effort!

Taz, so sorry to hear that story about those damn theives. I wondered if that was the cause, most snatch and grab crooks won't take the time. As far as the 550/650 goes, since I don't have a 550, I can't comment with dirrect knowledge. I do know that the 550 has one less hole for dies and does NOT have auto indexing, or a case feeder. Some like the hand indexing, makes them feel more in control.

I didn't order a dillon until I had a close personal look at several machines at the local Sheels sportshop. I bought the 650 video before I went back and ordered one. I originally got it without the case feeder. After a short while of hand feeding cases, I ordered the feeder! Wink

Take a look at this website, it's Brian Enos, a champion IPSC shooter that handles dillon at a discount. This url should lead you to his FAQ for which dillon machine you should order.
http://www.brianenos.com/pages/dillonfaqs.html#includefaq
His discount runs around 10% under what dillon dirrect would cost.

if you run, you just die tired

It's not that life is so short, it's that death is sooo long!

Speak kindly to me, beloved master. Revel in my unconditional love, and give me every minute that you can spare, for my time with you is short.

Your faithful dog

Posts: 596 | Location: Oshkosh, Wi USA | Registered: 28 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Where are the Hollywood presses available? I have heard of them but never seen one.

Tazfla, you need a press to use till you get one? I have an RCBS, not sure model, JR size I think, sitting in a drawer and I have an older version of same so this one is just my backup/travel press. I'd be happy to send it to you to get you by.

Red

Posts: 4740 | Location: Fresno, CA | Registered: 21 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Also, almost forgot, I do have an extra scale too that somebody gave me, I don't use two, I could send it as well.

Red

Posts: 4740 | Location: Fresno, CA | Registered: 21 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dago Red:
Where are the Hollywood presses available? I have heard of them but never seen one.Red

Red, send PM to bigbull ( this Forum) That information was sent to him about two weeks ago. Tell him roger sent youThe hollywood presses are made here in CA very close to where I live . I just do not have the info infront of me right now. If you want to see a photo send me an E-Mail bartsche@sbcglobal.net and I'll send you one. Roger thumbroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tazfla
posted Hide Post
Dago Red:
That is very, very kind of you to offer. I would not put you through the trouble, but the generosity of kind people like yourself never cease to amaze me.
I'm very seriously thinking of going to the CoAx or Rockchucker, I'm going to check Ebay & see if I can get a deal, if not I'll just wait for the insurance check & buy a new one.

"si vos non ago pro quispiam, vos intero nusquam"

Posts: 51 | Location: South Miami,Florida (Hurricane Central) | Registered: 09 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Depends on what your loading..I load mostly rifle ammo and very little pistol ammo, no shotgun ammo, I buy that by the case........

My favorite rifle presses are my old Hollywood single station, it weighs about 75 lbs...but like most presses its too short for the bigger rounds like my .470 and most are cumbersome even with .375s, so I got an RCBS A-2 single stage press and I love that big job, lots of room to work in and I could even load 50 BMG if I wished....It is a do any job press..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41986 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Atkinson:
My favorite rifle presses are my old Hollywood single station, it weighs about 75 lbs...but like most presses its too short for the bigger rounds like my .470 and most are cumbersome even with .375s, ..

Some how ,Ray, our Hollywoods must differ. I've easily loaded .375 H&Hs and my full length .358X404 IMP. Mine is a single stag also.I've never had any need for anything longer and my old Hollywood senior has always been adequate for all the cartridges as long as the .375.

I can't remember**** was there a Hollywood jr.? bewilderedroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Afrikaander
posted Hide Post
I have the RCBS new RC (in fact I bought the whole kit - Master Reloading Kit - perhaps that´s a good alternative, but you have to consider what have been stolen from you by those MF), it has a wider window that the older Rock Chuker and it is as strong as ever ... I am very pleased with it, and I use it to reload cartridges from 416 RM to .243 Win

------------------------------------------

Μολὼν λάβε
Duc, sequere, aut de via decede.

Posts: 1325 | Registered: 08 February 2003Reply With Quote