Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Your favorite concentricity gauge?
 Login/Join

posted
I'm looking to get a new concentricity gauge and was wondering if you guys have a favorite. I was leaning towards the H&H (http://www.benchrest.com/hnh/) but am open to suggestions.

I'd like to get a better one rather than a cheapo unit though.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I've been pretty happy with my Sinclair unit. That H&H unit looks pretty snazzy. What do they get for one?

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have been happy with my Sinclair unit. The only other concentricity gauge I have used was the RCBS, and it also did the job, although the Sinclair seems better made. The Neco is apparently also pretty popular.

- mike

The rifle is a noble weapon... It entices its bearer into primeval forests, into mountains and deserts untenanted by man. - Horace Kephart

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I think that I've tried out most or all of the commonly available units. Here's my 2c:

RCBS - least expensive, measures case wall and neck thickness plus a couple other handy tricks.

Sinclair - Smoothest operating by far. Best tool if you just want to check out concentricity but less versitile than others.

NECO - Probably the most versatile. Reasonably easy to use but not as smooth as the Sinclair. Will measure runout, banana shaped cases and more different types of runout than any of the other tools.

Holland - Not only measures runout but will actually straighten bullets. The only bullet straightener for calibers larger than 338. I found it a bit difficult to use but my good buddy Prdator loves his.

Bersin Tool - My favorite. It not only is the most accurate when used with a tenths indicator, it will straighten bullets. It has noticably improved the accuracy of many of my handloads. It is quite expensive however.

All are useful tools. They all have advantages and disadvantages. IMO the best overall setup would be a Sinclair for checking while loading and a Bersin tool for straightening. The Holland tool might be the best checking/straightening tool price wise but I'd still probably pair it with the RCBS tool for quick checks...............................DJ

....Remember that this is all supposed to be for fun!..................

Posts: 3976 | Location: Oklahoma,USA | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote