New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nosler
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Anyone have any friends working at Nosler?
Curious why all of their distributors and Nosler is out of stock on everything. I can understand some of the less common bullets and brass being out of stock until their next manufacturing run but all the common .22 and .30 caliber bullets have been out of stock for a long time now. Is Nosler not producing anything? How does one find out when a item is scheduled for production? Would love to hear from someone working at Nosler.

Posts: 737 | Location: Western USA | Registered: 08 September 2018Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Its not just Nosler, its everybody, the shelves are actually empty in all of Idaho, no powder, no bullets, no primers nothing, at least in southern Idaho..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42176 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't know about everywhere but around here it is inventory time! Count it all and pay tax on it. Let you stock on hard to move items go low. People get scared and stock up, draining the rest. Saw a post on another site. If you figure two boxes of shells for every new shooter this year it equals over 7 million rounds! They want to sell stuff! They are making it as fast as they can. Some are running 24 hours a day already.

Posts: 752 | Location: South Central Texas | Registered: 29 August 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of youngoutdoors
posted Hide Post
AND all the components are going into factory produced ammo right now.

God Bless, Louis

Posts: 1381 | Location: Mountains of North Carolina | Registered: 14 January 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Here we go again on shortages.

Dave

Posts: 2086 | Location: Seattle Washington, USA | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What I don’t understand is Nosler. They are a US company. They have the machinery.They should have the employees in place. The Service centers that sell the materials are here in the US. They have not shown stock for the last four months. What’s the deal?
This is totally different than the Powder manufacturers . I haven’t seen any ammunition coming out of Nosler either, so if they are using all their resources to make ammunition , where is the ammunition ?

Posts: 737 | Location: Western USA | Registered: 08 September 2018Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MyNameIsEarl
posted Hide Post
Actually I just read a couple articles on this and CCI/Federal just released a Youtube video on the subject.

They estimate since the beginning of the year there are over 1 million new gun owners. With the average person buying 2 boxes of ammo that is over 2 million boxes of ammo more than last year. Then take into consideration the election, riots, and other events and you have a great recipe for shortages.

From what I have read, every manufacturer has hired more staff and working overtime to fill orders. Plus with Covid it is making it even more difficult. I do not suspect they will catch up until this time next year.

I have also seen people selling components for up to 8x the retail price. A friend told me he found small rifle primers for $200 for a 1000. That is rediculous if not unethical. We as a community should not be buying from these price gougers. I can see paying maybe 1.5x more due to supply and demand.

Posts: 765 | Location: Camp Verde, AZ | Registered: 05 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Probably some of the components are in short supply. And the covid has reduced the work force. Have seen that some of the Hodgdon powders are made in Australia and they have their problems. Also, some of our common powders are apparently made in Valleyfield, Quebec, and things dont move thru the border well right now.
Last spring I talked with a local guy who was then running a primer production line at Federal in Anoka, Minn. He told me that his line could make 700,000 primers in 24 hours. And he said that they were 4 weeks behind on their orders.
Might be that some of the big time ammo manufacturers have long standing big contracts with the powder/primer suppliers. And the military has spoken for a lot of what is produced.
Any other ideas?

Posts: 68 | Location: minnesota | Registered: 16 July 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was wondering the exact same thing, but only with their 9mm competition bullets. I ended up calling them twice to ask about their planned production schedules. They were nice enough to go out of their way and look up the dates for me which helped, and was eventually able to get what I needed for the time being.

Posts: 247 | Location: Oz | Registered: 19 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
like all you know the primer situation sucks, I shoot Cow Boy Fast Draw (we use wax bullets) no problem getting those but primers to fire them i. we have a state and territorial match coming up in August and we need to start loading bullets. we have to load 16,000 rounds for our 5 day competition and I do no know if this is going to happen. we have about 150 shooters from all over the country that come to this every year and will probably have to cancel it. a big shame

Posts: 203 | Location: Stickney,So Dakota | Registered: 12 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I visited Nosler on a hunt in Oct. in OR. They said bullets were going as fast as they could make them and they're making A LOT!!+

Larry Rogers

Posts: 259 | Location: eastern WV | Registered: 01 December 2011Reply With Quote