Tools

Reloaddata members?
 Login/Join

Picture of barefootarkie
posted
Greetings,
I have read this forum for several months
now and find it to be the best handloading forum
I have found. Been handloading for 3 years and still learning new things every day. I thought
I had been to every website there is on handloading but today while thumbing through Hanloader magazine, I ran across their ad for 'RELOADDATA.COM'. Are their any forum members that use this site? Is it worth the price to join? They advertise a load data subscription for $24.95 per year and a load data special offer for $14.95 per year. What's the difference (besides the ten bucks)? Thanks for any input you can give me on this.
On a final note, I'd like to give a 'hats off' to RICCIARDELLI for stevespages. Excellent!!

Jimmy P.

Posts: 51 | Location: Redfield,Ar | Registered: 14 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ricciardelli
posted Hide Post
I checked-out that site when it was first announced, and after a few weeks of "Under Construction" decided it was a rip-off...

Thanks for the "hats off", but don't catch a head cold...

[Wink]

Posts: 3282 | Location: Saint Marie, Montana | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
There is a wealth of info on the different bords for free! Most of the regulars at several boards would be willing to answer questions or help out any way they can because they've "been there, done that!" No need to pay that price! And I'll second the thank you for the "steve's pages"!! They are the kind of help you can get here if you need it! What is it that you need info on? GHD

Posts: 2495 | Location: SW. VA | Registered: 29 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I signed up but have been a little disappointed. Sometimes all the data for the same cartridge isn't under the same heading.

I also think (and have told Wolfe) that they need to identify the authors and publication dates of the loads. We all know that some writers are more cautious about their pressures, and at the very least use different methods of measuring. IIRC Ken Waters measures the "pressure ring," Ross Seyfried measures some precise spot on the rim, John Barsness judges by chronographed velocity and I don't know if the other guys even say.

John

Posts: 1246 | Location: Northern Virginia, USA | Registered: 02 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Dino32HR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by groundhog devastation:
There is a wealth of info on the different bords for free! GHD

I second that ! Hell, I don't have time to check-out the wealth of the free info out there, why pay for it? Especially when there is SOOO much out there. [Wink]

When in need, my first stop is Steve's Pages; another vote for an excellent site ! [Big Grin]

Posts: 243 | Location: Northeast OH | Registered: 03 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Good day,
I can't comment on THAT site but I know THIS site is verry helpfull. I don't post verry often but the times I have I have always had great information given to me. A big Thanks to Saed for making this site possible and also to the members who share their knowledge.
Mike [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

Posts: 257 | Location: Canada | Registered: 29 March 2001Reply With Quote