New
Find
Notify
Tools

Electronic Scale
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am interested in your recommendations and opinions on what is the best scale for loading at the range, checking brass/bullet weights, etc. This electronic scale needs to be small enough to store in a range box compartment and be accurate to a tenth of a grain. I have used a Dillon Determinator in the past with good results, but it suddendly went "south" on me. Just curious as to what you guys would recommend to me for consideration or should I just buy another Determinator ?
Thanks for any info !
Jim

Posts: 144 | Location: Texas | Registered: 16 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of hivelosity
posted Hide Post
http://www.rightonscales.com/web/durascale.htm
these look interesting may do some research.

Posts: 2134 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 26 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Ol` Joe
posted Hide Post
popcorn

------------------------------------
The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

"Why shouldn`t truth be stranger then fiction?
Fiction after all has to make sense." (Samual Clemens)

"Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

Posts: 2535 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 20 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Have you talked to Dillon about having yours repaired or replaced? I tend to stick with what has worked for me.

Aim for the exit hole

Posts: 4348 | Location: middle tenn | Registered: 09 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sam
posted Hide Post
Talk to Dillon first.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work.

Posts: 1254 | Location: Norfolk, Va | Registered: 27 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Hundley:
I am interested in your recommendations and opinions on what is the best scale for loading at the range, checking brass/bullet weights, etc. This electronic scale needs to be small enough to store in a range box compartment and be accurate to a tenth of a grain. I have used a Dillon Determinator in the past with good results, but it suddendly went "south" on me. Just curious as to what you guys would recommend to me for consideration or should I just buy another Determinator ?
Thanks for any info !
Jim

I had one of the early Dillon's & it too went south. They sent me a new one for $75 & it is far better than the early model. Holds zero perfectly w/ repeatable readings. It has large number display & needs little warm up time. I have tried soe of the cheaper brands & they just are all over the place, won't hold a zero or just not repeatable.

LIFE IS NOT A SPECTATOR'S SPORT!

Posts: 7752 | Location: kalif.,usa | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks everybody. Just talked to Dillon and they will take the dead scale plus $85 for a new one. I just might take them up on this deal. I like the scale.
Jim

Posts: 144 | Location: Texas | Registered: 16 November 2005Reply With Quote