New
Find
Notify
Tools

nosler 180 gr. ballistic tip for 300 win. mag
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
i'm looking for a load for my 700 pss in 300 win. mag. using nosler 180 gr. ballistic tip. nosler web site only list loads for 300 saum , 300 wsm or 300 rum. nothing for the 300 win. mag. is this bullet not suitable for the 300 win. mag? thanks in advance
sambo

Posts: 78 | Location: DFW, TEXAS | Registered: 06 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The Nosler manual for .300 Win lumps all of their 180 grain bullets together and uses the same powder charges for each.

This is NOT to say that each will behave identically, just that each will be safe with the listed loads (presuming you use the starting load and work up). If you begin with "starting" data for the .300 Winchester from any manual, you can safely use it with the Ballistic Tip. The Ballistic Tip is a bit longer than most conventional bullets and has a sharper ogive, so you may have to adjust for overall length.

Posts: 13245 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ricciardelli
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3282 | Location: Saint Marie, Montana | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
<Rogue 6>
posted
The most accurate load I've ever shot in mine was a way to hot charge of imr4831 in WW brass, with WMLR primers and the 180 grain Balistic tip. The 180 Sierra Gameking is about the same accuracy wise and holds up better on the animals. I mostly us R22 in mine. I get good accuracy and decent volocities without maga high pressures. Good luck.