New
Find
Notify
Tools

Plated Bullets
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I am interested in using some of the plated bullets that are out there; Berry's and Rainier, mainly for my 45ACP HK USP since it has the poly-groove barrel, until I can get a replacement cut rifled barrel to shoot cast bullets in. Has anyone got any experience with either of the two and do you have a preferance of one over the other? I know that they cannot be pushed as hard as a standard jacketed bullet, but these would be for practice only.

Thanks for your time.

Posts: 26 | Location: West Hemlock, PA | Registered: 08 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Scout Master 54
posted Hide Post
I have loaded a large number of the Rainier 230g Plated RN bullets and others cal. as well. You can push them as fast as a .45 ACP should normally go. Quality is excellent and accuracy on par with any jacketed 230g from the majors. I for one like them and will buy more. I haven't had trouble with leading nor copper fouling in my 1911. I have not tried Berry's.

Scout Master 54

Posts: 332 | Location: Western CT | Registered: 10 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Make sure you use a firm taper crimp, they can cause plating problems when using the Rainier bullets cause of there soft jacket. [Eek!]

one of us
Picture of claybuster
posted Hide Post
I've used rainier's in my .40 usp,been quite content with them,,quick clean up,very accurate.

Posts: 2119 | Location: woodbine,md,U.S.A | Registered: 14 January 2002Reply With Quote