New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lee dies vs the rest
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have been reloading now for a whole whopping 3 weeks, and so far I've use Pacific, RCBS, and Lee. I'd have to say the Lee Dies are much more user friendly.
I know you're probably wondering what a novice with 3 weeks reloading experience would know about squat!
I just like the set up, being able to flare and charge in the die just makes it nice. I just got to remember to have the shell in the die before I drop the powder in! opps
vANCe

Posts: 66 | Location: Charlottesville | Registered: 06 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Vance,

I have 14 sets of RCBS dies. Some dating back to 1973. However, lately I have been buying Lee dies exclusively, because of price and features. I don't need a RCBS stuck case remover with Lee dies!

Posts: 151 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 November 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The only Lee die I use is the collet neck die, but I like it a lot.

Posts: 407 | Location: Olive Branch, MS | Registered: 31 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Vance - This is a field we seem to plow every spring but that's OK. The bottom line is Lee makes perfectly useable dies. Some of their gadgets, like the factory crimp dies, are down right unique.

But they aren't the best if we are to judge dies by quality, durability, smoothness and case life.

RCBS & Redding beat them everytime. But you pay for the difference. And in simple, straight forward reloading situations, the average bear won't notice a difference.

What de

Posts: 19677 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I find the Lee Collet dies very user friendly. With many years of experience behind me reloading, the lee collet dies produce exceptional reloads. I have been slowly replacing my older dies with Lee collet dies in my favorite calibers. Limiting brass stretch and producing finished reloads with the least amount of runout make this senior relaoder, hunter, target shooter, one happy camper.

Follow the directions in your Lee collet dies and they will give you long sevice and excellent reloads for the money invested. I have yet to see a downside to changing to the Lee collet dies for this senior shooter.

Posts: 64 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 16 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I guess that I don't fit the mold, but I think richard's dies suck! When people give me Lee dies or equipment I throw it away. I don't have time to piddle with it.

Posts: 89 | Location: south central kansas | Registered: 08 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Only Lee dies I use are for the 30-30 Win with the factory crimp die. I've converted from RCBS to Redding dies lately for most of my rifle loading, but you can do no wrong with either.

I used the Lee 44 Mag dies for awhile, and thought they left a lot to be desired (as far as the quality of the loaded rounds). I now use RCBS carbide dies for my 44 mag, and there seems to be a world of difference in the loaded rounds.

Posts: 100 | Location: Lubbock, TX | Registered: 15 April 2003Reply With Quote