New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ranier Bullets
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Has anyone used Ranier bullets in polygonal rifling pistols? I know that straight lead bullets do not always shoot well, but how do the plated ones work?

Curtis

Posts: 706 | Location: Between Heaven and Hell | Registered: 10 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 56hawk
posted Hide Post
I use them in my Desert Eagle. They seem to work okay. I've never been able to shoot it very accurately though so can't say how they compare to jacketed bullets.

By the way, I shoot lead bullets out of my HK USPs and they are very accurate.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Is the USP polygonal rifling?

I am sure that the ranier bullets will be fine for a practice round. At least i hope.

Curtis

Posts: 706 | Location: Between Heaven and Hell | Registered: 10 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
ive shot quiet a few through my glock and am currently shooting through a batch of 1k of them.

but let me suggest this to you as this is what i recently did. check out montanagold they are jacketed bullets and if you buy them by the case they are cheaper per 1k than the ranier/berrys. if you can't afford a case at this time if you can float it for a short time pick up the case and then split it up into 1k batches and sell them off on local gun forums.

i recently did that very thing. i ordered a case of 9mm 124g fmj iirc it was $305 for a case of 4k. which works out to about $76/1k. i posted them on a local forum for $80/1k or $45/500 and sold 2k in less than 2 days. did the same with a case of 223 bullets. worked out to less than i could buy 1k of any other bullets other than maybe straight lead. i will probably do the same again this coming income tax time. i try to stock up on what i will need for a year at a time when my income taxes come in.

Posts: 300 | Location: louisiana | Registered: 04 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sksshooter:
ive shot quiet a few through my glock and am currently shooting through a batch of 1k of them.

How are they working in the Glock?

Curtis

One of Us
posted Hide Post
no problems to date i think ive probably shot a little over 1k through it so far. just watch your loads as i have heard that if you push them to fast they will foul the barrel as it is just plating therefore softer than jacketed. but like i said with i middle of the road load i have had no problems. i will say though that i currently have close to 1k of the 124g hollow points and they aren't very accurate to say the least.

One of Us
Picture of TEANCUM
posted Hide Post
I'm shooting them in 3 different Generation Glocks in the 9mm and they seem to working out ok. Not tournament grade components but not bad either. Accuracy seems to be a wee bit shy of the jacketed stuff but I would use them for hunting and PD.

The Montanagold also seems like an option.

Posts: 1788 | Location: IDAHO | Registered: 12 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i just checked the montana gold sight and what i purchased. i actually got 115g fmj rn. i bought a case of 4k. on their sight right now they are $105 for 1k or $298 for 4k. thats a savings of $31 per 1k if you order the case. if you bought a case and sold them for $80/1k you end up paying $60 for 1k. and those that you sell the others to still save $25 over buying 1k from the sight. win win for all. that is assuming you have an outlet to sell them locally.