New
Find
Notify
Tools

how to remove rouge dust
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
hey guys, when using media that has rouge on it (Lyman Turbo Tumbler walnut, I think I'll go back to corn by the way), how do you get the rouge off the cases, and does it need to be removed from the inside? if I have to do a second step because of this stuff I'll throw it out. I'm too lazy.

now granted this was on really dirty cases so on not so dirty ones maybe it doesn't adhere?

Tips appreciated.
(ps, this shit gets in the flash holes too and doesn't just tap out, have to use something to get it out. pain in the ass).

Posts: 4740 | Location: Fresno, CA | Registered: 21 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It will typically wipe off the outside with a towel, I take a small nozzle attachment and blow the inside of cases out with compressed air.

That clears the flash hole and doesn't leave anything to mix with or take the place of powder. Plenty of folks don't worry about it - it is just something that isn't there by design so I don't like it in the mix.

Posts: 299 | Location: California | Registered: 10 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of arkypete
posted Hide Post
I dilute the box of rouge impregnated walnut hulls with 2 time the quantity of plain walnut hulls.

Jim

"Whensoever the General Government assumes undelegated powers, its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force." --Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 6173 | Location: Richmond, Virginia | Registered: 17 September 2000Reply With Quote