New
Find
Notify
Tools

Remington Bore Cleaner
 Login/Join

<Reloader2>
posted
I was wondering if the abrasive content in Remington Bore Cleaner is similar to what is in JB's. I've tried Remington but not JB's and wonder if you guys prefer one over the other.

------------------

one of us
posted Hide Post
They seem to be about the same. In fact, I'm pretty sure the Remington abrasive is slightly finer than the JB's. I use both and I prefer the Remington bore cleaner most of the time- unless I have some really stubborn copper build up.

Posts: 385 | Location: Hillsboro, Oregon | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
<Don Krakenberger>
posted
I use rem bore cleaner too--I put a few dabs on a patch that is soaked with kroil penetrating oil. Never tried jb's. I do like the rem stuff. I think I read somewhere that rem had to buy the patent or rights to the bore cleaner from someone. I also know that rifles Inc. used to recomend the rem bore cleaner for their custom rifles. Don't know if they still do or not.

one of us
Picture of Bob338
posted Hide Post
The only difference between the Remington bore cleaner and JB is that one has a grease carrier and the other an oil carrier. Both diatamaceous earth.

Posts: 1261 | Location: Placerville, CA, US of A | Registered: 07 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
As I own and use both products, let me say that I prefer Remington because JB has such a fouly smell.

Posts: 367 | Location: former western part of Berlin, Germany | Registered: 25 August 2001Reply With Quote