THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    Anyone using the Sierra .224 52g HPBT Matchking ?

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone using the Sierra .224 52g HPBT Matchking ?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of TEANCUM
posted
I was using this bullet for a long time in 22-250 and .223 until the NBT came out and enjoyed them. They were very accurate and effective in the field.

I switched over to the NBT as the NBT was just a whisper more accurate.

Just wondering if anyone was using this bullet and how it was working out.

Posts: 1788 | Location: IDAHO | Registered: 12 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have shot thousands of them it is my go to bullet in 224 p dogs to one deer .

The deer drt.

Beside some FMJ for training in my semi's I do not have any other 224 bullets.

For me it is very accurate and works very well

Posts: 19569 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Glad to say the European Logitics pipeline is full and once again they are readily available. I'm not overwhelmed by the increase in price but for value & accuracy in comparison to the Hornady & Nosler synthetic tips they are second to none.

I agree 100%, they are an oustanding bullet in the .222, 223 & 22-250 Remingtons which is primarily what we shoot.

Cheers,

Number 10

Posts: 3433 | Location: Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: 23 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have used this bullet in my 220Swift for a little over a year. Using a max dose of IMR4064 I'm getting just over 3900fps and it shoots minute of prairie dog out past 400yds on a quiet day. Quiet days,however, are rare on most PD towns. On a local range it rings the 8" gong at at 600yds. I also use the 53gr BTHP in my 22-250 with excellent results.
GOOD LUCK and GOOD SHOOTING!!!

IF YOU'RE GONNA GET OLD,YOU BETTER BE TOUGH!! GETTIN' OLD AIN'T FOR SISSIES!!

Posts: 381 | Location: Sebring, FL | Registered: 12 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I use them in both my .223 and 22-250. Killed many thousands of P-dogs with them. For me, they are just a touch more accurate then the NBT's.

Posts: 3034 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 01 July 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I use them in my 223 LVSS. They are 1" bullets at 200 yards on a so-so day. That's why I just stick with them. I don't have access to PDs, but they work well on coyotes. It is also easy for me since I have to go through Sedalia on occaision to stop by the factory and pick them up in their "blem" store by the pound.

Larry

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
..... stop by the factory and pick them up in their "blem" store by the pound .....

You are one lucky fellow!

tu2

Cheers,

Number 10

Posts: 3433 | Location: Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: 23 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sam
posted Hide Post
Worked great for AR15 short range match ammo.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work.

Posts: 1254 | Location: Norfolk, Va | Registered: 27 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
This was my go-to bullet to start accuracy workups in .223 bolt guns ...

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16625 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of TEANCUM
posted Hide Post
My brother-in-law used this bullet out of a 22-250 in a Rem 788 and gave me the heads up on it. He shot everything with that rifle including deer, antelope, elk and moose with that bullet. He was impressed with the performance of that bullet on big game but I never took any deer with that load. Lots of rockchucks, badgers, jackrabbits, and coyotes but no deer. Great memories with that load on some long shots on coyotes and badgers on warm summer evenings.

He probably shot 750--1000 rounds a year out of that shooter and was deadly with it.

I would like to try that bullet again but probably would shoot it out of non suppressed rifle.

Good to see that it's still a contender.

Posts: 1788 | Location: IDAHO | Registered: 12 February 2005Reply With Quote