THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    FNG taking the plunge. Help spending $ required.

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

FNG taking the plunge. Help spending $ required.
 Login/Join

Picture of us_dragunov
posted
Ok...after putting this off for too many years....when I get back to the States in a few months I want to get into reloading. I have too many calibers and pet projects that I want to reload for so I need a setup that will give me the best results from the smallest of cartridges up to .50 BMG (I know I may need a separate press for the .50 BMG). Speed in reloading is not a requirement as much as accuracy and consistancy. Help an FNG out what do I need and where do I start?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
start with a co-ax press

Posts: 13460 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Heat
posted Hide Post
I am pretty much a rookie at this. I started with the RCBS Advanced RC Supreme Master Reloading kit. This has the Chargemaster 1500 combo powder dispenser/scale, Rock Chucker Supreme press, trimmer, hand primer, lube pad, etc. I also bought the Forster Co-Ax press and simply love it. Best investment I've made so far. Dies, RCBS Casemaster, vibratory case cleaner, other odds and ends and even the bench has set me back about 900 bucks. I can reload for anything except the 50BMG and perhaps a couple of others that simply won't fit under one of the presses. I certainly picked up a copy of Lymans 48th Edition Reloading Handbook and Barnes No. 3 (I need to buy No. 4). The kit came with the Speers No. 14 manual. There are several others available and are worth every penny.

Ken....

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant, but that they know so much that isn't so. " - Ronald Reagan

Posts: 5386 | Location: Phoenix Arizona | Registered: 16 May 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
RCBS Ammomaster with the 50BMG conversion kit.
I have one It is a very good press. You can use it for standard 7/8 x 14 dies or 1 1/2" dies for the 50. I have loaded 17 Mach IV thru 50 BMG on mine.
It is as good a single stage as you can buy(except maybe the co-ax and it doesn't do the fifty) and more versatile than any I am aware of.
It is not cheap. But good tools aren't. Well cared for It should last more than one lifetime.

muck

Posts: 1052 | Location: Southern OHIO USA | Registered: 17 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
lee classic cast. it will do your 50 bmg. built like a tank. cheap enough so you can afford another press later if you want.

One of Us
Picture of cal30 1906
posted Hide Post
salute

Welcome back!!

Cal30

If it cant be Grown it has to be Mined! Devoted member of Newmont mining company Underground Mine rescue team. Carlin East,Deep Star ,Leeville,Deep Post ,Chukar and now Exodus Where next? Pete Bajo to train newbies on long hole stoping and proper blasting techniques.
Back to Exodus mine again learning teaching and operating autonomous loaders in the underground. Bringing everyday life to most individuals 8' at a time!

Posts: 3074 | Location: Northern Nevada & Northern Idaho | Registered: 09 April 2005Reply With Quote