THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    Re: Need indepth advice... Never reloaded before...

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Need indepth advice... Never reloaded before...
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Welcome , Bronson

Be sure to come back if you have any more questions.

Posts: 281 | Location: MN | Registered: 27 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That is exactley what I use. I love it. Figure about another &75.00 or so for good hand tools for brass prep. I bought a basic kit and upgraded and have almost double that price. I have a beam scale I like to have as a back up or for the range. You can get a tumbler later. Get Imperial Sizing wax and roll it on your fingers and and twist them on the cases. They will work really smoothly (esp those big 338s). A little bit goes a long way. If you got the cash, cut the check, I think it is about as good as it gets to start with. You might down the road want to upgrade to Redding Bushing dies and competion seaters but they are salty and sounds like what you have will do just fine. Everyone who has used my PACT/RCBS powder dispenser and scale now has one. Go for it it is it's own sport.

one of us
posted Hide Post
The RCBS kit comes with the Lyman manual, I believe. Study everything that is ahead of the load data, than study it again.
Buy the manual that's produced by the maker of the bullet your planing to use, Study the stuff before the load data in it, study it again. Now you should have a decent idea of how to set up your loading bench, and what other tools you need (and which can go on your "want later" list).
Until you have a couple thousand rounds under your belt, stick with the manual recogmendations for powder types and charge range.
Remember that powder properties change with every batch (lot#) and a 10% variance is within there specs, so re-work up your load each time you buy a new
can from a different lot#.

Posts: 2124 | Location: Whittemore, MI, USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sputster mentioned the NRMA web site. This is a MUST see. Also, you might want to review the NRA Guide to Reloading. It is an excellent how to book that is used in the NRA Reloading courses. Lots of good pictures and easy reading. You can get it from most of the normal suppliers for about 10 bucks and is a really good place to start. sundog

Posts: 287 | Location: Koweta Mission, OK | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote