New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rem brass
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Does Rem still make brass for reloaders?

Posts: 437 | Location: wisconsin | Registered: 20 June 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of hivelosity
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2134 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 26 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
They do but in the current market (down) and their financial position, they only make very large runs of the top selling products. So you might have to wait a couple of years for some the less popular brass, or wait until Hell freezes over for some more obscure brass.
I talked to both the corporate and the ammo plant offices on this, when I was asking about 350 Rem Mag brass.

Posts: 17191 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Was waiting for RP .300 Win brass. Pounced on it at Cabelas online few months ago. No longer listed. Would hate to be waiting for something obscure.

At least it is still good stuff, uniform length, just needed FL die and 22 deg chamfer. From 2 bags of 50 got 106 pieces, just one neck deformity discard.

Posts: 670 | Location: Dover-Foxcroft, ME | Registered: 25 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MyNameIsEarl
posted Hide Post
Be careful with Remington brass quality. Last few bags I purchased, lost about 1/3 of it with poor quality. I use to love their brass but the last few I purchased, wasn't happy

Posts: 762 | Location: Camp Verde, AZ | Registered: 05 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i got 4 bags of 7mmm rem mag brass from midway i think. a couple of weeks ago. they were having a sale on it. only loaded 12 so far but have no complaints.seems to be good.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't own anything with the Remington name on it including their brass!

one of us
Picture of hivelosity
posted Hide Post
Remington is one of the oldest AMERICAN companies;
I use there brass and bullets, have for many years. they have given me dependable Ammo and components.
All my 270 loads are with Remington Brass.

Posts: 2134 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 26 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
I use Remington brass for all my 375 and 7mm mag reloading, it seems to last a long time.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12608 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
As I understand it, I got an email from the Rem importer here, stating that the brass I had on order was no longer available as Remington had decided to stop supplying brass for reloading and concentrate ALL of their brass for loaded ammo to keep up with demand.
This was back in Nov 2012.
I have still not seen much Rem brass on the shelves here, there are some pistol, 223, 308 and 30-06 but not much more.
Definitely not the 25-06, 300WM, 338WM or 375H&H I had on order.

Cheers.
tu2

Posts: 683 | Location: N E Victoria, Australia. | Registered: 26 February 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 416RigbyHunter:
I have still not seen much Rem brass on the shelves here.....Definitely not the 25-06, 300WM, 338WM or 375H&H I had on order.

There was a very pronounced lull in RP brass availability. Cabelas has all you listed except .300 Win. Midway has .338 and .25-06. Hopefully, it will start trickling your direction. Smiler

Posts: 670 | Location: Dover-Foxcroft, ME | Registered: 25 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Samuel_Hoggson:
quote:
Originally posted by 416RigbyHunter:
I have still not seen much Rem brass on the shelves here.....Definitely not the 25-06, 300WM, 338WM or 375H&H I had on order.

There was a very pronounced lull in RP brass availability. Cabelas has all you listed except .300 Win. Midway has .338 and .25-06. Hopefully, it will start trickling your direction. Smiler

Thanks for the heads up.
Unfortunately for me, I’m in Australia, we are the LAST place on EARTH to get sent ANYTHING.
I guess my wait will continue.

Cheers.
thumbdown

Posts: 683 | Location: N E Victoria, Australia. | Registered: 26 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've pretty much given up locating any bags of Rem brass for the 375 RUM. They don't actually call it discontinued, but the result is the same.

Posts: 1421 | Location: WA St, USA | Registered: 28 August 2016Reply With Quote