Find
Notify
Tools

Bullet suppliers web sites ( H______)
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted
I don't know about the rest of them, but I just went to Hornady's site to look at some information about V-max and SST bullets.

That was certainly an underwhelming experience.

I did have to fire off the following response to their contact email address but expect to see the same worthless site in the future.

What does a web site user want:
information

easily accessible information
useable information
useful information

What to I get on the Hornady web site

A fairly clear opening page followed with a clutter of stuff about all kinds of Hornady stuff THROWN all over on the "products" page. Thank goodness the person ran out of boxes and products. Looks like a SX jacket after hitting a hedgeapple at considerable velocity.
Ok, so I go to look at the bullets I am interested in . . .Well I find sales hype, design hype, price, and order information is there, oh and a nice picture.
Any useful information other than price . . . Heck NO . . . and I foolishly came to look for useful information about Hornady bullets.

Lets see a simple chart like you have in the manual so that I can quickly determine what Hornady bullet to buy. . . nah that would be useful and usable information and that does NOT fit in the web sites overall design!

Please locate a web site designer and have them work with someone who uses your products so that it is worth going to your site.

LouisB

Thank goodness the bullets (interlocks) are better than the web page!

Certainly looks like a reloading web designer could get a job making it worth the effort to visit!

LouisB

Guess I will Loook at other web sites for other bullets, cause that will certainly influence my future bullet buying.

Who knows maybe they are all that BAD.

[ 11-26-2002, 06:50: Message edited by: TCLouis ]

Posts: 4258 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
<KBGuns>
posted
The Hornady page is a big mess. It is hard to find any info without 20 minutes spet figuring out how the page is 'organized'. Other pages are easier, but more complex then need be. The exception are Woodleigh, which is extremely stairt forward with its product. Nosler's site is also nicely done.

Kristofer

[ 11-26-2002, 06:54: Message edited by: KBGuns ]

one of us
Picture of Tiny
posted Hide Post
Yep thier web page is a mess,but unless they changed it they have the best phone message for all thier different dept. that I have ever heard.

Posts: 205 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: 19 July 2002Reply With Quote
<Mads>
posted
LouiseB - I think that the Hornady website is better than the Swift website last time I checked [Big Grin]

Maybe they are so busy making bullets that all this new fashioned web-pages has gone over their heads?

Mads

<Loren>
posted
The speer bullets page still has the old Grand slam design photos, and it's horribly out of date too (as of a month ago or so).

These guys update things so seldom that it's not worth the bother to visit them.

The powder guys on the other hand are great. I check Hodgdon often, and even IMR has a bunch of new loads posted for bullets other than Remington.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank goodness these guys make better bullets than they do webpages. [Big Grin]

The vast majority of all businesses still don't take the internet seriously...or at least not to any useable degree. They know they should have a "PRESENCE," but the concept that this internet presence could actually benefit them still hasn't crossed most of their little corporate minds.

A good, sincere letter to Steve Hornady MIGHT get some results. I have dealt with him before about some bad reloading dies and I DID get results FROM HIM....so he is kind of a "hands on boss" I think.

Posts: 19677 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote