New
Find
Notify
Tools

BBA (Starline) vs Hornady brass in the .475
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Last time I shot I noticed a slight difference in POI. I inadvertently mixed some of Whitworth's BBA brass with mine from the tumbler. I went down to see the difference today. My first three with Hornady brass were right so I added a left click. The next three were OK but still not too good. I then shot three with BBA brass and got a nice 7/8" group. Those are the red ones.
What did I learn? The BBA brass shoots an inch lower and an inch right of the Hornady brass, not enough to think about.
Accuracy? No difference because I shot the can with Hornady brass. How I see the red dot makes all the difference in group size. It is just ME!
These were shot at 100 yd's with my design, home made mold, 420 gr WFN boolit, 26 gr of 296, Federal 155 primer.
I wish I had a high power scope that would take the recoil so I could see what this gun can really do. I love the BFR's

Posts: 4068 | Location: Bakerton, WV | Registered: 01 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you repeat that test 30 times you will have statistically valid data.

Posts: 13978 | Location: http://www.tarawaontheweb.org/tarawa2.jpg | Registered: 03 December 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Posted 27 February 2009 03:41 Hide Post
If you repeat that test 30 times you will have statistically valid data.

I have more sub 1" groups at 100 then I can count plus a pile of cans that went to the scrap yard. I suppose I have centered over 100 cans like that. I wish I could shoot the gun as good as it really will. My old vision is my only excuse.
Have you ever shot a red dot at 100 yd's? Huge target coverage! My boolits go to the sights, I just don't know were they are sometimes. No more data needed, just wondering if I should move to Starline brass? More testing needed between the two.

Posts: 4068 | Location: Bakerton, WV | Registered: 01 September 2003Reply With Quote