THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    "Cartridges of the world" -book question.

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Cartridges of the world" -book question.
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Hello.
I just got a good price on the 9'th edition, of this book. It says that there is 100 new cartridges listed.
I havent got the time to examen the book to well yet, but my question is:
Do they only add new cartridges, so the book contains more and more, or do they let some out to get place for new ones???
It's been out for a while now, so I think some of you have discovered something.

Posts: 736 | Location: In the deep Norwegian woods. | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
COTW adds military and commercial cartridges when they come out, but most new entries are under Wildcat and Proprietary Cartridges. Featuring an entire line of rounds like Lazzeroni or Dakota can run up the numbers pretty fast.

Hope this helps, Okie John.

one of us
posted Hide Post
And they drop some old ones, as well. - Dan

Posts: 5285 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 05 October 2001Reply With Quote
<Per577>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by dan belisle:

When could we expect the 10 th ?Any rumors !

one of us
posted Hide Post
It's a shame, that they drop the old ones. Other wise this could be the ultimate cartridge-book. I was considering to give away the old version (8'th) to a friend of mine, but I'll better keep it then.

Posts: 736 | Location: In the deep Norwegian woods. | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
<J Brown>
posted
Dan

quote:
That is a shame. What can be their reason other than saving paper? I would rather read about old cartridges than the latest "fad" wildcat, I doubt I am the only one who feels this way.

Jason

<leo>
posted
The book does have a section called "Obselete American Rifle Cartridges." Since the .350 rem. mag is listed their they will have to update it back to the "Current Am. Cartridges" in the next edition now that remington has revived it.