Find
Notify
Tools

HELP!!! - ??? ref ProChrony chronograph
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Hello all,

I've had my ProChrony chronograph for years and had ZERO trouble with it. It's been a great and reliable instrument, and in fact still is, however for some reason it's begun reading in METERS per second rather than FPS. I can't figure out how it got into this mode and damned if I can figure out how to get it back to FPS...

Once I removed the battery and reinstalled it and that fixed it. Now however it's doing it again and the battery trick isn't working.

Any of you know how to switch it back to FPS? My manual has been lost for years and I've never had occasion to wish I had it until now. It's been easy and user-friendly in the past. This one has me stumped...

.22 LR Ruger M77/22
30-06 Ruger M77/MkII
.375 H&H Ruger RSM

Posts: 863 | Location: Mtns of the Desert Southwest, USA | Registered: 26 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The Chrony website could tell you in about 5 minutes. wave Good luck and good shooting.

phurley

Posts: 2362 | Location: KY | Registered: 22 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Phurley,

You were totally wrong...

It took 3 minutes! Thanks alot, I did a "search" and immediately found the website, then it took about 30 seconds to open the PDF file and read the manual online...

Thanks! You're my "hero of the day"... I'll drink a beer in your honor later after dinner.

.22 LR Ruger M77/22
30-06 Ruger M77/MkII
.375 H&H Ruger RSM

Posts: 863 | Location: Mtns of the Desert Southwest, USA | Registered: 26 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I had the problem once, could not remember what the answer was, but did remember how I got the answer. Glad to be of help. beer Good shooting.

phurley

Posts: 2362 | Location: KY | Registered: 22 September 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of El Deguello
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 458RugerNo1:
Hello all,

I've had my ProChrony chronograph for years and had ZERO trouble with it. It's been a great and reliable instrument, and in fact still is, however for some reason it's begun reading in METERS per second rather than FPS. I can't figure out how it got into this mode and damned if I can figure out how to get it back to FPS...

Once I removed the battery and reinstalled it and that fixed it. Now however it's doing it again and the battery trick isn't working.

Any of you know how to switch it back to FPS? My manual has been lost for years and I've never had occasion to wish I had it until now. It's been easy and user-friendly in the past. This one has me stumped...

My Chrony instruction manual gives directions on switching back & forth from M/S to FPS..... You need to ask the manufacturer for a replacement instructioin sheet.

"Bitte, trinks du nicht das Wasser. Dahin haben die Kuhen gesheissen."

Posts: 4386 | Location: New Woodstock, Madison County, Central NY | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote