New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hornady sst in auto loaders
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
has any body had any problems with loading and shooting harnady sst's in fn/fal's and M1A's. I was just wondering if the violent ride up the ramp and into the chamber would break the tip off?

If you own a gun and you are not a member of the NRA and other pro 2nd amendment organizations then YOU are part of the problem.

Posts: 1231 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 12 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
els
I have shot Nosler Ballistic tip bullets in Fn-Fal, H&K 91, M1-A and M1 Garand rifles. without any problems.
Also the Sierra 165 HPBT Gameking has worked in all the above rifles with great performance on game.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I use 150grn SST's in my AR-10 works great.

HAVE FAITH IN GOD.

Posts: 206 | Location: Alberta ,Can | Registered: 29 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the replies. I'm going to load up a batch (500 or so) to run through a group of 308s/ 7.62 x51s. seem that the 165 would work as a good general purpose bullet. informal long range work and hunting light skined game. I just didn't want to tie up the actions in the gas guns with broken tips.

If you own a gun and you are not a member of the NRA and other pro 2nd amendment organizations then YOU are part of the problem.

Posts: 1231 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 12 July 2005Reply With Quote