THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    Re: .270 Cast Bullets in Canada (I Hate Patriot Act2)

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: .270 Cast Bullets in Canada (I Hate Patriot Act2)
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Quote:

It is obvious you know as little about the world as about cast bullets. It is something that you turn to the USA for bullets and yet disparage our self protection efforts. YOU do not even know what is available in Canada. Reload factories for 270 cast bullets? ANOTHER TROLL UNMASKED.

What in hell is your major malfunction? Many people know that cast bullets exist, but may not know how to make or reload them. They then ask questions which apparently piss off the real trolls such as yourself.
I think that if you cannot help solve the problem, then you should butt out.
Paul B.

Posts: 2814 | Location: Tucson AZ USA | Registered: 11 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is obvious you know as little about the world as about cast bullets. It is something that you turn to the USA for bullets and yet disparage our self protection efforts. YOU do not even know what is available in Canada. Reload factories for 270 cast bullets? ANOTHER TROLL UNMASKED.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What the hell is that all about?

What the hell was that ..IS RIGHT...

Gezzz what did i miss ???

Hay guy if your looking to get 270 bullet just get a
Lee bullet mould .
Or order a CH Swage die for your reloading press ....

-----------------------------
Let me be the first to say to our friend's in Canada
sorry for the disparaging comment from the fool here in the state's ...

Posts: 1557 | Location: Home of the original swage | Registered: 29 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
jgnfld,
You sure can size a 7mm/.284 cast slug down to 270/.278 caliber. I take the Lyman 287346, put the 7mm/.284 check in place and push them into a .278� sizing die using a # 346 top punch. I then have a 138 grain slug to shoot in my 270 Winchester. I also use the unsized 287346 in my 7-30 Waters. One mold�two calibers!!! I really haven�t tried to achieve M.O.A. with the downsized slug, but it sure works O.K. at 50 yards. I believe further load development might get acceptable accuracy at 100 yards. BE CAREFUL as the bearing surface of the bore riding portion of this slug remains for the .284 and not for the 270 caliber. Might cause high pressures under certain situations. Good-luck�BCB

Posts: 212 | Location: WESTERN PENNSYLVANIA | Registered: 11 March 2001Reply With Quote