Tools

7mm wby mag.
 Login/Join

posted
Does have a good load for a 7mm wby mag

Posts: 2 | Location: Belton Mo. | Registered: 23 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I used to have a Weatherby Ultra-lightweight in 7mm WBY and the best load I found for it was 73 grains of RL25 and a 160 grain Barnes X.It is a warm load so work up to it if you try it.

Posts: 507 | Location: Rogersville ,tn,usa | Registered: 06 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My hands down favorite load for my 7mm Wby Mag consists of Remington cases, Federal 215M primers, 72 grains of IMR 7828, and a Nosler 160 grain Partition.

I have experimented with any number of loads and bullets, but keep coming back to this.

R F

Posts: 1220 | Location: Hanford, CA, USA | Registered: 12 November 2000Reply With Quote
<Rocky Mountain Hunter>
posted
Noticed this topice on 7mm WBY and thought I'd pass along a great deal I came upon.

Midsouth has 7MM brass for an unbelievable price. See below excerpt from their website and link.

FEDERAL 7MM WEATHERBY MAG NICKEL BRASS 100RD
129-P7WBUP In Stock $12.13

That's not a typo, $12.13 for 100RD!

Being a fellow WBY owner (270 and 300) I know what great shooting guns these are with horribly expensive brass.

Cheers

<Rocky Mountain Hunter>
posted

<phurley>
posted
I load a 7mm Wby for an Elk hunting buddy as follows. 160 grain Failsafe bullet, 70 grains RL-22 powder, Fed 215M primer. It is super accurate in his rifle. [Wink] Good shooting.