New
Find
Notify
Tools

How to Build A Range Cart ?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I want to build a cart to hold all my range equipment including maybe two rifles. Something to transport from the truck to the shooting benches. Has anyone built one that would be willing to share plans? Thanks

Posts: 153 | Location: Butler County, Ohio | Registered: 23 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of NBHunter
posted Hide Post
I don't really have any plans I went by but the picture is pretty self explanitory. It is 15" x 16" and is 17" to the top ( nice height for a chair). I made it to carry all my crap around the range and it works quite nicely for that.

---------------------------------

It's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it

Posts: 741 | Location: NB Canada | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Put all the junk in file folder boxes and stack them on a hand truck.

Posts: 9043 | Location: on the rock | Registered: 16 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That's the easy part!!

My problem is recent back surgery. So the question is: whats the best, easiest way to get it in and out of the truck bed???

This one looks very solid, bet it'd hold an easy couple hundred pounds and still roll around easy.

I've seen some real fancy jobs, finely finished woods, inletted designs and such. One I recall had a high back with a door that held a least five rifle's. It also had a take out box with a loading outfit in it too.

Like everything else, there's an extreme point somewhere.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 6010 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of NBHunter
posted Hide Post
I typically put the plates and mini popers for a steel shoot stacked on the top and use it to wheel everything down range to where we set up for a pistol shoot. To load it in the back of my jeep I can back it up to the open hatch, grab the front lip and slide it in. Just keep a small ramp (ie.board) on back to wheel it up if you have back trouble. I plan on making a stirup on the side that my carbine can strap to so I can tote one long gun on it as well.

---------------------------------

It's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it

Posts: 741 | Location: NB Canada | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of citori
posted Hide Post
Midway has a foldup aluminum hand truck on sale this month. Claims to hold 200#.

Tanzania in 2006! Had 141 posts on prior forum as citori3.

Posts: 266 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: 14 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sinclair has one that I use. Real easy to assemble and seems pretty durable. Handle removes for loading in SUV and just goes right back in - nice cover. My only problem is the one George has - weight. No back problems, but it can be a little heavy for putting in/taking out for someone who is 5'1" and 115 lbs.!

Posts: 659 | Location: Texas | Registered: 28 June 2003Reply With Quote