New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: What is your "go to" bullet
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have used a lot of different type of bullets, but the Sierra Gameking have worked for everything around here, and are very accurate. If I was hunting bigger game I would go with a tougher bullet.

Good luck and good shooting,
Eterry

Posts: 849 | Location: Between Doan's Crossing and Red River Station | Registered: 22 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of befus
posted Hide Post
I also use Sierra Game Kings. I think we all get caught up in hi-techitis sometimes, but all the deer I have shot with it are dead, very dead. I used a partition and got explosive expansion and meat damage and the deer was also dead. I asked them if one felt more dead than the other and neither ansered, so I'll stick with dead with litle damage and excellent ballistics.

Posts: 241 | Location: Beautiful NW Arkansas | Registered: 27 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Whelen Nut
posted Hide Post
Am I the only one who uses Speer Hot Cores?

However, Nosler Partitions for anything bigger than deer.

WN

Posts: 249 | Location: Northeast WI | Registered: 30 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wstrnhuntr
posted Hide Post
For Deer Ive not been to particular. Ive used hot cores, interlocts, sierras, core-locts all with the same results. Dead deer with one properly placed shot, but the accuracy that a BT type bullet is capable of has pretty much won me over with the lighter animals.

For Elk I like interlocks, core-locts and Mag tips. Not nessecarily in that order.

Posts: 10174 | Location: Tooele, Ut | Registered: 27 September 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I've killed many deer and antelope with a 7X57 using Hornady 139 grain spire points. All kills were one shot and the animals went down hard.
Bill

one of us
posted Hide Post
My Go-To bullets:

.22-250 55 gr Ballistic Tip
.25-06 Hornady 120 gr HP
7mm Rem Mag 150 gr Ballistic Tip

An old pilot, not a bold pilot, aka "the pig murdering fool"

One of Us
Picture of woods
posted Hide Post
Barnes Triple Shocks or Nosler Accubonds. Both are very accurate and won't let you down in the field.

thumb

Chinese Proverb: When someone shares something of value with you and you benefit from it, you have a moral obligation to share it with others.

Posts: 2750 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: 17 January 2005Reply With Quote