New
Find
Notify
Tools

Redding univeral depriming "die" question
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I broke the pin right at the connection with the stem. Tell me it ain't true? Looks like one has to replace the entire stem/pin in order to get it corrected unlike the normal sizing/depriming die where you need to only replace the pin? Is this correct or am I missing something really simple?

Posts: 1324 | Registered: 17 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Call Redding. They will send you another one.

Posts: 13978 | Location: http://www.tarawaontheweb.org/tarawa2.jpg | Registered: 03 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think Redding has copied the basic concept of Lee's excellant universal decapper with the solid stem and pin that's difficult, but certainly not impossible, to snap. Seems it would be nice for both of them to include one spare rod anyway.

Posts: 1615 | Location: South Western North Carolina | Registered: 16 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Was depriming 303s last week and the very first and only one was a Berdan. Broke it off in the stem also. Well, live and learn. Those were my first Brits and I did not know what to expect. OH YES--if you use Hornady's One Shot I have found it to be nearly useless on bottle necks. Works OK for straights but nothing to brag about even there. Hard to beat rolling on the pad for real lubing.

Posts: 25 | Location: South piedmont N.C. | Registered: 08 August 2009Reply With Quote