New
Find
Notify
Tools

25-06 Accuracy Load
 Login/Join

<Oscar>
posted
I'm looking for a little help with a 25-06 load. I am looking for the most accurate range load using 100 Sierra Match King bullets. What powder, primer and brass combinations have you found to work the best. I know that every gun is a law unto it's self. I'm just looking for some food for thought. Thanks. Oscar

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi Oscar,
I found that RL19 & hodgon 4831 work well in mine. I'm using rws 270 cases necked down and federal 210 primers.
bullets seated 10 thou of the lans.
good luck

Griff

Posts: 1179 | Location: scotland | Registered: 28 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ricciardelli
posted Hide Post
If you wanna stick with the 100 grain bullet, try IMR-4831 From 47.8 grains to 56.0 grains with Winchester WLR Primer.

I found the 120 Sierra HPBT top be more accurate and suggest H-4831 From 43.0 grains to 55.0 grains with Winchester WLR Primer.

Posts: 3282 | Location: Saint Marie, Montana | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
<Eric Leonard>
posted
for velocity and good accuracy imr-4831 has worked well,but if you dont mind going a little slower 52 gr imr-4350 has proved the most accurate in more than one gun for me,good for a little over 3200 but accurate to the extreme.you can get close to 3400 with 4831 or rl-19 but in my expierence not quite as accurate.

------------------
SPEED KILLS

<Oscar>
posted
Thanks everyone for your help. I haven't used 4350 for quite a while. As I remember it was very accurate. I may have to buy some more. Has anyone tried slower than normal powders. By this I mean those slightly slower than the ones previously mentioned. I am kind of interested in IMR 7828, RL-25, or H-1000. BTW, I was at the gun shop yesterday and they were out of Sierra 100 Match Kings so I bought 95 grain Berger match bullets. I have never tried these, but have always heard good things about Berger. Thanks again. More ideas always welcome. Oscar

<Eric Leonard>
posted
the absolute most accurate load i ever got from mine was the 110 berger with 51.5 gr imr 4350.
7828 is pretty good for the 117`s but not as good as some of the faster powders.

<bearlake>
posted
Anyone try the Berger 115gr VLD bullets? I think they have a BC of .522.

<grkldoc>
posted
In my Remington Sendero out of the box, H4350 extreme 56gr. 100gr. Nosler Ballistic tip ave. vel 3450fps .25-.50 MOA routinely. This load was on the "hot" side but not extremely so.

<Oscar>
posted
Bearlake,

I haven't tried the 115 Berger VLD's but I think I will this spring. They look like the perfect long range praire dog bullet. That is providing they open up. The 95 gr. Berget match bullets I just bought have a very smaller hollow point, but the jacket looks very thin. I am hoping they would work as a varmit bullet.

Anyone have any experience with the Berger 115 VLD. Thanks to all. Oscar

<RobertJ>
posted
Like has been mentioned IMR-4350 gave me best accuracy, but not velocity about 3200 with 100g bullet. Nosler BT out shot Sierra for me. The BT is good for PD to Pronghorn

<Eric Leonard>
posted
i tried a couple hundred of the 115 bergers.the boattail is real long and the bearing surface is kinda short and the ogive is fairly long.the way my gunis throated i couldnt get close to the rifling with this bullet.and my twist may not hardly be fast enough.i got erattic results at 100 yards but the groups settled down at 200 and shot pretty good at 300.
this bullet is real good in the wind and shoots about as flat as anything but it wasnt as accurate as the 110 berger in my rifle.
but i would highly recomend trying it,cause if it would shoot groups with the 110 it would be the bullet i use.
the people at berger told me you may have to get a fasater twist and a short throat bbl for this bullet to really shine.but you can never tell until you try.and i would work up loads at 200 with this one.

------------------
SPEED KILLS