New
Find
Notify
Tools

.243 bullet OAL
 Login/Join

posted
Hi,

Does anyone know if there is a source of information to find the OAL of various bullet tips?

Or does anyone know of a .243/6mm bullet that's OAL is near 1.3".

TIA

John

Posts: 6 | Location: UK | Registered: 13 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Deerifle:
Hi,

Does anyone know if there is a source of information to find the OAL of various bullet tips?

Or does anyone know of a .243/6mm bullet that's OAL is near 1.3".

TIA....I haven't seen a list of the bullet lengths and except for fitting a magazine or some guns and feeding from the magazine the distance to the ogive is the important one and not the tip....unless you are into boderline twist rates for the bullet?..the serria 100gameking is 1.15 and the 107 is near 1.5.....and it needs the fast twist barrels according to use chart....good luck and good shooting!!

John

Posts: 687 | Location: Jackson/Tenn/Madison | Registered: 07 March 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Bigdaddytacp:

TIA....I haven't seen a list of the bullet lengths and except for fitting a magazine or some guns and feeding from the magazine the distance to the ogive is the important one and not the tip....unless you are into boderline twist rates for the bullet?..the serria 100gameking is 1.15 and the 107 is near 1.5.....and it needs the fast twist barrels according to use chart....good luck and good shooting!!

Thanks for the help.
Now all I have to do is find someone to but my over moulded stock (M77 mk2 [Smile]

John

Posts: 6 | Location: UK | Registered: 13 April 2003Reply With Quote