Sako TRG-S in .308 Warbird
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Nitroman
posted
Does anyone have one of these rifles? I am looking for a couple of things:
Muzzle blast, how bad?
Velocity.
Trigger feel and adjustability. Accuracy. Do you use factory ammo or roll your own?
Do you feel this cartridge would be better served with a longer barrel? If so how much longer; 28, 30-34 inches? I believe a guage of short barrel is muzzle blast intensity. Example: my FN-FAL (.308) with 20.1 inch post Evil Gun Ban barrel is totally obnoxious. My sinus's hurt after shooting it.
Thanks for any input.

Posts: 1844 | Location: Southwest Alaska | Registered: 28 February 2001Reply With Quote
<Hoghead>
posted
Roger, I just recently purchased a Warbird in the Sako TRGS. The muzzle blast is not real bad. I also shoot a .300 WBY without a muzzle brake and the warbird is not a whole lot worse. I have shot both factory loads and have reloaded some myself. The info that the factory gives you to reload can be found on the Lazzeroini web site www.lazzeroni.com.
The factory loads are extreamly accurate and so are my hand loads using 103 grains of Reloader 25 and 180 grain nosler partitions. I use Federal 215 primers. This results in groups just under 1 inch at 100 yds. Probably could be a little better but my eyes aren't what they used to be!! Oh, by the way, the above mentioned round chronographs right at 3600 fps!! I love this gun. I'm going on a B.C. moose hunt in September and I will let the board know how the "Lazz" performs then. I hope I was of some help Roger.
Great Shooting,
Hoghead

one of us
Picture of Nitroman
posted Hide Post
Hoghead,
That is exactly what I was looking for. I had my wife read your response too (since I will have to get her approval ).
What do you think f the trigger on this rifle? How low can it be adjusted?
Thank you.

Posts: 1844 | Location: Southwest Alaska | Registered: 28 February 2001Reply With Quote
<Hoghead>
posted
Roger,
Sorry it took awhile for this response, but I just got home from work. ( I'm a locomotive engineer and spend quite a bit of time away from home ). I really can't help you with any info on trigger pull at this time. I still have to look into that myself.
Hoghead