Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted
MidwayUSA.com has a clearance.

6mm 85 grain: $21.61
25 cal 100 grain: $22.66
30 caliber 150 grain: $25.66

These seem to be fairly good prices compared to what Barnes bullets normally run.

Just thought some of you may want to take advantage, so I am posting this.

Bobby

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9397 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Cheap is a relative thing isn't it? $25.66 is a decent price for 50 Barnes bullets but..........DJ

....Remember that this is all supposed to be for fun!..................

Posts: 3976 | Location: Oklahoma,USA | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
DJ-

I couldn't agree more... beer

Those plain cup-and-core still do fine for me, though those prices are starkly different from just 3-4 years ago.

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9397 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Because of the high price of BARNES (I like to shoot not just work a load and put the rife back in the safe) I feel pretty good shooting Accubonds and Ballistic tips...

Not to take away from the TSX, I have used it in a few calibers on game and results were very good....but not any better than Accubonds. At least for the game I go after.

One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
I shoot Remington core lokt for most of my practice and club shoots and have a box of TSX or Accubond ready for hunting.

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11185 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of James Kain
posted Hide Post
aw no 6.5mm/.264's?
nilly

Disabled Vet(non-combat) - US Army
NRA LIFE MEMBER
Hunter, trapper, machinest, gamer, angler, and all around do it your selfer.
Build my own CNC router from scratch. I installed the hight wrong. My hight moves but the rails blocks 3/4 of the hight.....

Posts: 934 | Location: North Anson Maine USA | Registered: 27 October 2008Reply With Quote