New
Find
Notify
Tools

300RUM H1000 load recommendations
 Login/Join

<bigcountry>
posted
Guys, I have been working on load for 180g bullets for a year now for 300RUM. I decided on trying 200gr A-Frames for my moose this year. After going thru Hodgdon's guide, I am kinda sceptical of there max/starting recommendations. They recommend 91g-96g H1000 for 180g bullets, then recommend 88g-93g for 190g bullets. Then for 200g bullets (barnes), they recommend 79-83g. That seems fishy. There bullet is a BarnesX. That seems like a big jump down.

So I refer to Sierra info, which says 78-91.4g for H1000 for 200 Spt BT. Sierra information has not served me well in the past. So I go to Nosler, which says 88g-92g H1000 for 200g Nosler PT.

The data seems all over the map for 200g bullets which surprises me since 180g data seems more consistent across the manufactures.

Could someone recommend me a range for H1000 and 200g Aframes and 300RUM? I would appreciate it. Maybe one of you guys got the new Swift manuel. Haven't picked up myself.

<338 Ultra>
posted
Use 90 grains of H1000 with 200 gr gamekings. I have not chrono'd them yet, but this load will shoot under an inch at 200 yds in my rifle. A regular stainless syn factory rifle. Seat the bullets so they just go through the magazine. 338 Ultra

<bigcountry>
posted
Thats what I mean. Everybody has these loads that are well above Hodgdon's max for 200g. It seems there is a mistake on there data.

Thanks for the information. I guess I will start low at 83g and move up very carefully 90g.

<RobertJ>
posted
Bigcountry
Barnes manual also list 78.5 to 83.5 for thier 200g X. The Swift rep at the SCI Convention showed me the manual that they are comming out with soon so you may call the Swift factory. Alliant list data on thier web site for both Swift and Barns for comparison. Good Luck
http://recipes.alliantpowder.com/rg.taf?_function=centerfire&step=1