New
Find
Notify
Tools

6.5x55 brass
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
So, my father has a Rem 700 in 6.5mm, the "Classic" I guess.
So we were working up some loads for it, and it looks like the cases (Remington, I believe) were actually modified 30-06 cases, b/c the web area would blow out to true Swede dia, with fairly mild loads.
So, Q: where can I get 6.5 Swede brass, to CIP dimensions?

Posts: 2000 | Location: Beaverton OR | Registered: 19 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
get some lapua brass from midway. price is high but so is the quality.

Posts: 225 | Location: houston, tx | Registered: 04 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Never had an ounce of problems with using Winchester 6.5 x 55 brass, in a push feed Winchester action.

Claw extractor Mausers or Ruger, it doesn't matter really.

Posts: 2889 | Location: Southern OREGON | Registered: 27 May 2003Reply With Quote
<JOHAN>
posted
Major Caliber

Actually the taxes is not soo bad in Sweden as they are in Denmark, Finland, Iceland or Norway.

Well I guess you pay alot of tax in California? I guess you have to pay school tax, realestate tax, income tax, perhaps state and federal? What do you get for these taxes?

I spent quite some time in USA (i got relatives there) and this is not the first time the comparison is made. Have you ever been to Sweden or perhaps lived here?

/ JOHAN

one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

What do you get for these taxes?

We do alot in the USA that your country could never dream of! Nuclear weapons, aircraft carriers, manned spaceflight etc..

Never been to Europe, I don't go anywhere that requires "permission" never had a passport, or a visa!

Posts: 3097 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: 28 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
Igman new production 6.5X55 ammo 139 sp boxer primed brass case made in Bosnia also. $5.95/20. So your paying $8.00/100 more for loaded ammo than you would for 100 cases alone. J&G sales, LTD. Tel: 928-445-9650
440 Miller Valley rd. Prescott AZ. 86301
www.jgsales.com I visited last year and did some business with them. Nice people, nice area. roger

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote