New
Find
Notify
Tools

Belted Magnum Sizer Die
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I read an article several years ago about Innovative Technologies' belted magnum sizer die that accomodates many different calibers .After speaking to the owner I ordered a die for my 300 win mag brass,it works great so I'm a satisfied customer.Contact www.larrywillis.com . My reloader is a Dillon RL550B so I bought an RCBS Single Stage Partner press to use the die.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Let us know how it works out. This has been around for several years. The concensus seems to be that they are useful if you use the same brass in different rifles of the same caliber eg. two different 300WM rifles.
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10515 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Peter:
Let us know how it works out. This has been around for several years. The concensus seems to be that they are useful if you use the same brass in different rifles of the same caliber eg. two different 300WM rifles.
Peter.
I've been using die on the brass for my Sako Finnsport for a few years it's the only belted magnum I own .On another forum a members brother was having chambering problems with his 7mm mag until he bought the die, then the problem ceased.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have one. I would recomend it if you have an autoloader with belted mags....or if you have a chamber that gives you trouble when resizing. Otherwise telling people they need one or should have one is like saying you HAVE TO change your oil every 3000 miles.

Posts: 2002 | Location: central wi | Registered: 13 September 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I typically neck size until I am forced to "shoulder bump" with a FL die on belted magnum cartridges.

And my solution while not as elegant was to take a 300winchester Small base sizer and cut it off 3/4" above the belt and use it to size only that area just ahead of the belt that tends to expand (and not get resized) after multiple firings.

As a note I've enever gotten to use that die on winchester brass... it always cracks in the neck when sizing before I can load it that many times.

AD

If I provoke you into thinking then I've done my good deed for the day!
Those who manage to provoke themselves into other activities have only themselves to blame.

*We Band of 45-70er's*

35 year Life Member of the NRA

NRA Life Member since 1984

Posts: 4601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 21 March 2005Reply With Quote