Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

10MM Auto
 Login/Join

posted
I just picked up a Delta Elite. Looking at loads for the 10mm and the 200 gr seems a lot like a 45acp. Is anyone loading the 155 gr bullets and how are they working?

Cheers,

George

Posts: 9 | Location: Albuquerque, NM | Registered: 07 May 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 56hawk
posted Hide Post
I just picked up a 10mm myself recently. So far I have only been loading it with 200 grain bullets. Mainly because I have a bunch and also use them in my 40 S&W. Anyway, what are you trying to do with the 155s? You should be able to load 200s in the 10mm a lot hotter than the 45.

One of Us
Picture of TEANCUM
posted Hide Post
I've been loading a 40 S&W in a Sig 226 with some 180 grain pills and getting 1145 fps with a generous helping of Power Pistol. With a 155 grain bullet I'm getting 1323 fps again with Power Pistol.I would highly recommend looking at it as a go to powder for the .40 calibers.

I've looked at the 10MM and found that to date I've been able to approach the 10MM performance with my .40 S&W using those loads. Although I wonder what would be achievable with a 10MM using some Power Pistol. The one that holds my interest, and very popular with the Idaho horsemen, is the Glock 20 with 16 rounds in it. At 28 oz empty it also fits the bill for the weight factor that becomes critical for a carry gun. I would add an aftermarket barrel that would allow me to shoot cast slugs in it and be a happy camper.

Posts: 1788 | Location: IDAHO | Registered: 12 February 2005Reply With Quote