Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nitrex Speer
 Login/Join

posted
I would like to ask, if somebody knows, why cartridges Nitrex Speer Grand Slam are not produced any more.

Posts: 13 | Location: Slovakia | Registered: 19 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Ol` Joe
posted Hide Post
Speer is now owned by ATK Alliant, the same company that owns Federal Cartridge and Alliant powders. I thinkthey figure it was counter productive to have more than one branch of the company producing ammo.

------------------------------------
The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

"Why shouldn`t truth be stranger then fiction?
Fiction after all has to make sense." (Samual Clemens)

"Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

Posts: 2535 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 20 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ol` Joe:
Speer is now owned by ATK Alliant, the same company that owns Federal Cartridge and Alliant powders. I thinkthey figure it was counter productive to have more than one branch of the company producing ammo.

According to Speer, that is axactly why they dropped Nitrex.

Remember, forgivness is easier to get than permission.

Posts: 3994 | Location: Hudsonville MI USA | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RSY
posted Hide Post
That situation existed back when Blount owned all the companies before ATK, already. So, go figure.

It's too bad, the Nitrex was a nice product for non-reloaders (5-round boxes, nickel cases, etc.).

I believe they've simply moved the Grand Slam into a Federal load.

The real work of men was hunting meat. The invention of agriculture was a giant step in the wrong direction, leading to serfdom, cities, and empire. From a race of hunters, artists, warriors, and tamers of horses, we degraded ourselves to what we are now: clerks, functionaries, laborers, entertainers, processors of information. - Edward Abbey

Posts: 785 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 01 October 2001Reply With Quote