New
Find
Notify
Tools

22-250 CASE LENGTH
 Login/Join

Picture of Whipl@sh
posted
Does anyone know what the reccommended trim-to-length is for the .22-250 Remington? My handbook shows the max. is 1.912, but doesn't offer a trim-to-length.

Also, has anyone used the Lee Zip-Trim to trim their cases? I'd like to know how well it's working (or not [Big Grin] ) if you've used it. I'm looking for the most cost-effective way to trim my cases, but since I don't reload a large amount of cases, I'm not sure what my best bet would be. Seems that file-trimming dies are fairly costly, to only cover one caliber... any ideas?

Posts: 8 | Location: NE Oklahoma | Registered: 30 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I think most people take .010" off. Sean

Posts: 537 | Location: Vermont | Registered: 04 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Lone Eagle is correct!
I just checked my chart and the Max is: 1.912" or 48.6mm and the Trim-to is: 1.902 or 48.3mm!

Posts: 454 | Location: Russell (way upstate), NY - USA | Registered: 11 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I cut mine at 1.900" cause they tend to grow fairly quickly at first. After about the third loading they settle in the length stays pretty consistent.
The rumor is the the Lee ziptrim is a knuckle buster.....finger banger. Don't know, never saw, just been told by those who have.
Its cheap and they say fast.....other options shop for a used rotary one on ebay or classifieds here at AR.
I use an old RCBS with my drill adapter.........my least favorite reloading task by the way.

Posts: 901 | Location: Denver, CO USA | Registered: 01 February 2001Reply With Quote