Find
Notify
Tools

Scrap Brass Prices?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of mike_elmer
posted
I have about 10 lbs of fired brass that I want to sell for scrap. Does anyone know the current price for scrap brass of this type?

Posts: 8421 | Location: adamstown, pa | Registered: 16 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
About $2.66 per pound for 70/30 brass.

Posts: 1052 | Location: Southern OHIO USA | Registered: 17 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Red $2.50

Yellow $1.67

F. Guffey

Posts: 453 | Location: Dallas, Texas | Registered: 16 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of mike_elmer
posted Hide Post
Thanks gentlemen. I was just given a price of $1.20/lb for fired brass at a local recycler.

Posts: 8421 | Location: adamstown, pa | Registered: 16 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
the dealers around here pay a lower price if you do not remove the primers, although i do not know what the price is currently.

Posts: 981 | Location: Shenandoah Valley VA | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I only got 75 c for cases with primers still in them.

Remember, forgivness is easier to get than permission.

Posts: 3994 | Location: Hudsonville MI USA | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of mike_elmer
posted Hide Post
Well, I have some with primers, most without, It has taken many years to accumulate what I have... when I started, I wasn't too concerned about maximizing scrap prices. I will let you know what I get when I have cash in hand!

one of us
Picture of Ol` Joe
posted Hide Post
Brass has been running from $1.60 - $1.80 here for the last year and a half. I usually turn in 100/150 lbs every 2 months

------------------------------------
The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

"Why shouldn`t truth be stranger then fiction?
Fiction after all has to make sense." (Samual Clemens)

"Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

Posts: 2535 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 20 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of mike_elmer
posted Hide Post
I know center fire cases are worth picking up, but what about rim fire brass?

After all, if they don't discriminate between the two at the recycling place, I might as well start picking them up and putting them in a bag.