THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    One of those posts...300win 168tsx H4831sc data???

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

One of those posts...300win 168tsx H4831sc data???
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Having a hard time finding data on this combo. Anyone working with it? Thanks for all the help.

Jay Kolbe

Posts: 767 | Location: Seeley Lake Montana | Registered: 17 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Barnes says a max of 78.0 but be very careful working with this bullet. I've found that you can get some pretty fast velocity (and i would expect pressure to go with it) well below max. I've seen others post that max loads can come about at 1.5-3.0 grains below max. For example 77.5 of RE 22 cranked out a whopping 3330 for me in may 24" savage stevens. I didn't get heavy bolt lift or extractor marks but the primer pockets did loosen up some. 75.0 did 3150 which is more in line with where I should be running.

Posts: 2002 | Location: central wi | Registered: 13 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ricciardelli
posted Hide Post
H-4831 From 64.4 grains to 81.5 grains
Winchester WLR Primer

Posts: 3282 | Location: Saint Marie, Montana | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the warning Kraky--I had always heard the opposite (even from Barnes) that one could expect to exceed max x-bullet loads with the TSX, I'll start lower than I thought.

Steve--I always go to your site first (was there today) but assumed that you hadn't had the chance to work with this new tsx yet.

Jay Kolbe

Posts: 767 | Location: Seeley Lake Montana | Registered: 17 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Reloader
posted Hide Post
snowcat,

Every bbl is different. My heavy bbl 700 maxes out alittle before max. I'd start w/ 73-74 and probably get to 75-76 before pressure signs.

If you have a chrono it will be helpful. Like someone else said the XXX tend to be fast out of some tubes and speed and pressure do have some correlation.

Good Luck

Reloader

Posts: 4146 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote