THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    A Very Good Article on Primers in Shooting Times

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A Very Good Article on Primers in Shooting Times
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
In the September issue of Shooting Times an article on primers . An article many of us should read.

Titled

Mysteries and Misconceptions of the All Important Primer .

archer archer archer

Posts: 4485 | Location: Planet Earth | Registered: 17 October 2008Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Can you poist a link if the article is online?

Cheers

Posts: 15 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 07 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes :I found it which was somewhat of a surprise too me .

I figured that's why they sell the Magazine. Who knew !!!. archer

http://www.shootingtimes.com/a.../ST_mamotaip_200909/

Posts: 4485 | Location: Planet Earth | Registered: 17 October 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A pretty good general overview - I have to admit it's the first decent article in Shooting Times I have seen since Ken Oehler quit writing for them. Anyone wanting more detail on primer tests and performance also variations in tolerances used in primers specs can go to Precision Shooting magazine and look for back issues with essays and tests by German Salazar, Dick Wright, and others. Most of that info would only be of great benefit to persons loading to shoot less than MOA or even 1/2 MOA.

If the enemy is in range, so are you. - Infantry manual

Posts: 494 | Location: The drizzle capitol of the USA | Registered: 11 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Most component primers have a little disk of paper between the anvil and the priming mix. Called the foil paper, it covers a priming pellet and is simply a manufacturing expediency. The anvil is omitted in this view for clarity.

Posts: 9043 | Location: on the rock | Registered: 16 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
WinkThanks, Doc. beerroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote