New
Find
Notify
Tools

AA 2230 and 2230C
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I found a great deal on the 2230C, Accurate Arms says to follow regular 2230 load data. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with alternating between these powders. I understand the 2230C is a little slower, but I was wondering if groupings stayed close and if loads interchanged consistently. Thanks.

Posts: 115 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 07 May 2002Reply With Quote
<reload>
posted
Use AA2230 all the time what you will find with powders is there will be a little difference in loads with the same powder but different lot numbers, some times it takes some work to find the same accuracy with the same powder. Good Luck

posted Hide Post
I just bought 8lbs of 2230C myself and am looking forward to trying it. We probably saw the same sale sheet! good luck! Tab

Posts: 1 | Location: Eastland, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Okay spill the beans who has it?

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've bee using it lately in my AR Service rifle and have found that using 2230 load data is a good start, but WORK UP. I was piercing primers .5 grain below max with the sierra 80 and am now using a load 1 full grain below max. With the sierra 69 I topped out at 24.0 grains, book max is 24.5

Posts: 1520 | Location: NC | Registered: 10 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Customstox, Try Natchez Shooters Supply. They had it the last time I looked. You might also try Powder Valley - often good buys there but I haven't look at their site in some time.

Posts: 161 | Location: Seattle - temporarily! | Registered: 04 September 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
26 grains of 2230C and those cheap win. 55 grain fmjbt bullets will shoot just about as good as anything I can put together. Just about. Have used up 8 lbs of the stuff in an ar.

Posts: 40 | Location: Phoenix AZ. | Registered: 15 October 2002Reply With Quote