New
Find
Notify
Tools

.30 Remington Cases to .32 Remington Cases
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
To make .32 Remington Cases from .30 Remington Cases, do I just run it (.30 Remington brass)through a .32 sizing die? Or do I have to first expand the neck in a seperate operation?

Will they be close to the right length?

Posts: 1443 | Registered: 09 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That operation is similar to making 8 x 57 cases from .30-06 (at least as far as the neck expanding portion). I've never had any trouble simply running the parent case through the die with expander in place and accomplishing all in one stroke. Be sure to lube the insides of the .30 Rem necks.

The finished length would be on the short side, if anything, so no need to worry about trimming.

Posts: 13245 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of N. S. Sherlock
posted Hide Post
I just lube well in and out amd run through the f/l die, checking chambering in my 141 remington rifle till it locks up ok. ned

"Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you" G. ned ludd

Posts: 2374 | Location: Eastern North Carolina | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of El Deguello
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GAHUNTER:
To make .32 Remington Cases from .30 Remington Cases, do I just run it (.30 Remington brass)through a .32 sizing die? Or do I have to first expand the neck in a seperate operation?

Will they be close to the right length?

IF the .30 Rem. cases are UNFIRED ones, basically all you have to do is to expand the necks so they will hold a .321" bullet.

"Bitte, trinks du nicht das Wasser. Dahin haben die Kuhen gesheissen."

Posts: 4386 | Location: New Woodstock, Madison County, Central NY | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote