New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lapua is in...........
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted

Posts: 866 | Location: Puget Sound country | Registered: 18 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DuggaBoye
posted Hide Post
Yup, my back ordered 300 Scenars came about 10 days ago

DuggaBoye-O
NRA-Life
Whittington-Life
TSRA-Life
DRSS
DSC
HSC
SCI

Posts: 4593 | Location: TX | Registered: 03 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Seems as though people are mighty proud of their products now days ,as prices have escalated !!!.

I purchased a butt load of Lapua less than two years ago and paid less than 1/2 these prices !.

http://www.brunoshooters.com/M...BSS&Category_Code=7L

OUCH !. Anneal Baby Anneal !.

Posts: 4485 | Location: Planet Earth | Registered: 17 October 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lapua cases are "swine-expencive" here in Finland too. I use Remington and Winchester cases. coffee

Posts: 171 | Location: Finland | Registered: 17 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have always thought that Norma and Lapua were pretty poor marketers. They have very good brass and can't manage to make it appeal to or deliver it to more than an elite few shooters.
Three are probably 5X more shooters out there that would use it if their prices and availability were a little better. Their sales at home in Scandinavia may keep them afloat due to limited competition but a little more marketing by the US and German companies could bust them. The Germans may get busted the same way. Maybe we will get lucky and Hornady or one of the better managed American companies will buy one of the good European companies and it will benefit all shooters.

Posts: 13978 | Location: http://www.tarawaontheweb.org/tarawa2.jpg | Registered: 03 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lapua comes ready to shot straight from the box. My luck with Norma hasn't been as good. Unless a fellow is shooting a very high level of competition and has a bit of time on his hands to neck turn and such, he can end up with a very good product with domestic brass at a very much better price. Yes, he will cull quite a few but at the price, he can afford to cull quite a lot before he comes even close to the price of Lapua.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SR4759:
I have always thought that Norma and Lapua were pretty poor marketers. They have very good brass and can't manage to make it appeal to or deliver it to more than an elite few shooters.
Three are probably 5X more shooters out there that would use it if their prices and availability were a little better. Their sales at home in Scandinavia may keep them afloat due to limited competition but a little more marketing by the US and German companies could bust them. The Germans may get busted the same way. Maybe we will get lucky and Hornady or one of the better managed American companies will buy one of the good European companies and it will benefit all shooters.

I'd say that their marketing is perfect, why would they make a lesser quality product to compete with Win and Rem?

Seen the price of Nosler brass,

Like saying An American company should take over Sako and market them at Savage pricing. FS

Posts: 698 | Location: Edmonton Alberta | Registered: 18 January 2005Reply With Quote